Spot of advice needed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've always understood that a DPF was only ever an option on the 211s. Apart from looking underneath, the build sheet will tell you if a DPF is fitted, as will the lack of sooty tailpipes.

DPF were an optional item around 2004

Had a 2008 E211 320 Cdi , no DPF , really great car, very comfortable to drive, fast if needed,very reliable and with excellent fuel economy. Only sold it because my wife found the seat squab a bit deep and couldn’t get comfortable after an hour. Still remember it fondly and would be happy with another even if it needed the odd bit of repair work as the mileage grew.

I wouldnt worry about a DPF equipped car. I would be more concerened a car with adblue as lots of problems with the tanks and sensors.

Being a MB forum you wont get much heads up for a BMW.

A W211 is a great car.
If I had the choice of DPF vs non DPF equipped I know which one I'd choose - and I agree the MB implementation and maintenance policy / pricing of the adblue system rules out those cars for me.
This may be a MB forum but many people on here run multiple makes of cars and there's a pretty balanced view and acceptance that some BMW models are actually better than the MB equivalents - personally I think the e46 convertible is better than the CLK.
And yes the 211 is defo hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom