Spotify - Comand (NTG 4.5)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jih2000

Car
C63 - Tuned
Hi,

I believe i have NTG 4.5 in my C63 (2013 model). What is the best way to integrate spotify with comand to give usable functionality e.g. change tracks etc via the dial/steering controls?

I assume i would need to interface the phone to the unit, unless there is other hardware. If so, I have both an iphone and android phone.

I have seen a few old youtube videos with people hacking bits (power supplies and installing regulators etc) out of apply airplay units but would ideally like an off the shelf solution in one exists these days.

Thanks,

Do you have the Media Interface option ? You will find a rectangular socket in the glovebox. If so, you can add a Viseeo WMA3000A, which will bluetooth to the phone and give some control over music on the phone

Otherwise we can retrofit Media Interface :)

Yes, you have NTG4.5

Richard

Hi,

I believe i have NTG 4.5 in my C63 (2013 model). What is the best way to integrate spotify with comand to give usable functionality e.g. change tracks etc via the dial/steering controls?

I assume i would need to interface the phone to the unit, unless there is other hardware. If so, I have both an iphone and android phone.

I have seen a few old youtube videos with people hacking bits (power supplies and installing regulators etc) out of apply airplay units but would ideally like an off the shelf solution in one exists these days.

Thanks,

With an iPhone all you have to do is pair your phone with Comand over Bluetooth. Then start playing music on Spotify and choose “Audio>Bluetooth Music” on Comand. To skip tracks with the steering buttons choose the Music menu from the steering settings.
I’m streaming music with Tunein and Spotify over Bluetooth in my S204 2013 with Comand NTG4.5.
You don’t need an extra device, Comand has it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With an iPhone all you have to do is pair your phone with Comand over Bluetooth. Then start playing music on Spotify and choose “Audio>Bluetooth Music” on Comand. To skip tracks with the steering buttons choose the Music menu from the steering settings.
I’m streaming music with Tunein and Spotify over Bluetooth in my S204 2013 with Comand NTG4.5.
You don’t need an extra device, Comand has it all.

This also works with Android based devices.

This also works with Android based devices.

Yes forgot to mention that, I have a Nexus 6P and it’s streaming music just the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom