Spotted: Ferrari 250GT Short Wheel Base

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vlad

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various Mercs come and go
Driving down the A4 towards Maidenhead today, a real rarity came storming off the Thicket roundabout heading towards Reading....a Ferrari 250 GT short wheel base. With the road empty the driver gave it the beans and wound it right up through the rev range and it sounded spectacular, so thank you to the owner for using it as it was intended to. It was impressive

I've subsequently found the car on the Talacrest website where it shows as being sold, so I'm assuming that the new owner was enjoying themselves today. I gather these are worth in excess of £4m

Stunning car.

Last edited:
I saw a blue one several years back stopped at the traffic lights just sedately making its way through Perth as part of a historic rally [ HERO Scottish Malts Classic Reliability Trial and Classic Car Tour perchance?? ] Completely ignored by the hoi-poloi they might have paid it a bit more attention if they noticed what it was or how much it was worth. Made my day. Just love those wide Borranis :cool:

The funny thing is on Sunday there was a 365 daytona with a non factory soft top, but all the kids where taking pics of the 430 next to it!

It is quite nice to have something the uneducated don't understand as then you don't get the stupid comments from onlookers!

My Wife knows a chap that maintains some interesting exotica and he once called us to go and look at a 250 Lusso he was working on that had been converted to a SWB replica.

I couldn't even get in the passenger seat due to my height whereas my Wife was treated to a cruise around Greenwich. It did sound mighty fine however, I must admit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom