Spotted in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
I sincerely hope the owners of the lovely cars on Mocas's entertaining thread have a safe place to keep them off-street given the current lawlessness.

I imagine the knuckle-draggers would take great pleasure in wrecking these special vehicles.

If they do they will merely be imitating what their "Role Models" on Top Gear do every second week in the name of entertainment. What I find puzzling is why people don't see any connection. :confused:

If they do they will merely be imitating what their "Role Models" on Top Gear do every second week in the name of entertainment. What I find puzzling is why people don't see any connection. :confused:

probably because we're blessed with the power of reasoning.

You don't see that a program watched by millions of young people, many without father figure in their life, lacking in any guidance, inevitably influenced by the constant messages bombarded at them by the mass media [ why would advertising companies pay millions for airtime otherwise] might be sending out the wrong message--- when 3 well off middle aged men destroy cars "for a bit of a laugh" might be be having an effect on young impressionable minds? I'm not talking about mature minded individuals but the very people we see rioting in the streets! It's a subtle process of attrition. Its an old car--- past its best/seen better days so what are we going to do with it. Appreciate it for what it was- perhaps state of the art engineering in its day?- built by people taking pride in a product they produced- I know let's restore it to it former glory and take pleasure in the little idiosyncrasies of its time. NAH lets run it with no coolant till the engine overheats and seizes or take an angle grinder to the body work or weld on some tacky bits metal and then wreck it/drown it/set fire to it---- just for a laugh init. That's the same mindset that resulted in the destruction of the former LCS Art Deco Building mentioned in this thread http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/ot-off-topic-forums/114815-wanton-destruction.html It's ancient mate it was built in 1930---- that's like so ooooold ---- look its sellin' carpets----- I know lets torch it - just like they did on that Top gear to that caravan ----init :wallbash:

I sincerely hope the owners of the lovely cars on Mocas's entertaining thread have a safe place to keep them off-street given the current lawlessness.

I imagine the knuckle-draggers would take great pleasure in wrecking these special vehicles.

I have another crop from the past few days waiting to be uploaded. :)

The areas in which those photos have been taken have - so far - been unaffected by the unrest. Yesterday evening I walked from Sloane Square to Holland Park and you wouldn't have kown anything was going on at all, save for the odd police car on emergency response (which is pretty much par for the course wherever you are in London). I later learned that looters had broken into Gutlin's antique clock shop at the Fulham end of the King's Road the night before (an odd target, I must say), and that a bus had been stopped in Kensington High Street, but that seems to be about as close as the unrest has come. (And yes, I am touching wood with my fingers crossed.)

Are you London folk able to get to work ok?

This sort of thing makes me grateful I live in the sticks and can work from home.

Are you London folk able to get to work ok?

This sort of thing makes me grateful I live in the sticks and can work from home.

Tubes are running normally, as are most of the buses (apart from diversions around the areas that have been hit badly). Tram services are obviously disrupted around the Croydon area. But London carries on, just as it did during the Blitz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom