Spotted In The Scrapyard.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Talk about a trip down memory lane....I remember when the next door neighbour's drove a Hillman Minx.. and another neighbour had a a Humber Sceptre,,,( he was a taxi-man ),, my Aunt drove a VW Beetle..it was the upgraded one, which replaced the Beetle with the split rear window...Morris Minors, in all their guises, were a very common sight back then.

It doesn't seem too many years ago that this would have been seen as something a bit special:

DSCN9908.jpg

DSCN9909.jpg

C
Nice motah:

DSCN9392.jpg
Cleaned & Polished this would make a fantastic coffee table. It is a work of art in its own right but I have seen them polished to concourse condition and boy do hey look nice. A bit of Ceramic White on the Headers and away you go. I bet not one person would not sit down for longer a minute without wanting to hear "the story" of how it came to be?

I still think that this is one of the best threads on here. Every single picture does (as Rod said) tell a story. Thank you again for taking the time and putting the effort to produce this.

C
Nice motah:

DSCN9392.jpg
Cleaned & Polished this would make a fantastic coffee table. It is a work of art in its own right. I have seen them polished to concourse condition and boy do they look nice. I bet not one person, would sit down for longer a minute without wanting to hear "the story" of how it came to be?

I still think that this is one of the best threads on here. Every single picture does (as Rod said) tell a story. Thank you again for taking the time and putting the effort to produce this

I really am developing a hankering for one of these whilst they're still so ludicrously cheap to buy.

Insure it on a limited mileage policy paid monthly and cancel after 6 months, keep it garaged and SORN it for half the year, service it yourself and if you choose carefully you've got a summer cruiser with total running costs of about £250 - £300 per year with zero depreciation.

They do go better with wheels though:

DSCN0395.jpg

I have an unreasonable hankering for the JAGUAR XJS- bit of a rusty barge :oops: but loved the driving position- a big car that doesn't feel it.:cool:

I owned an XJS it was one of the last off the line, a factory registered car. Absolutely super car to drive with the AJ16 engine and sport pack bits. I kept it for six years as a daily driver, still have fond memories of driving down through France and on to southern Spain. Rust wise the later cars are not that bad, Ford had the idea to galvanise the bodies 70% by weight and changed loads of panel design in a bid to overcome the rot.

...and the P5B...

Where's that hiding?

I see a P6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom