Spotted In The Scrapyard.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like the Z series.

The Rover 75 wasn't a bad car but the 25 and 45 weren't really anything to get excited about and I'm not sure how much of an improvement the Z versions were. However, along with the MGTF, these were the last British-built cars to wear the famous octagon badge and that in itself will ensure interest amongst enthusiasts.

I started to quite like these when an episode of Wheeler Dealers featured one a few years ago.....

Lexus LS400:

DSCN9305.JPG

DSCN9308.JPG

DSCN9317.JPG

1989 Vauxhall Nova

Current SORN and the last MOT was in April 2010 with 19k on the clock.

DSCN9560.JPG

The end of an old luxobarge - BMW 730D

Before......

DSCN9834.JPG

......and after:

DSCN9841.JPG

DSCN9839.JPG

1992 / 93 Mazda MX-6 V6 Coupes:

DSCN9826.JPG

DSCN9828.JPG

1989 Volvo 340:

DSC00107 - Copy.JPG

The Popular 100E has seen better days...

I posted that when it first arrived three years ago and it's been tucked away ever since.

It looks like an abandoned restoration project as it's had some good quality welding so may see the road again one day.

1984 VW Polo "Breadvan":

DSC00461 - Copy.JPG

DSC00463 - Copy.JPG

They're popular with youngsters looking to create the "rat look" and seem to fetch good money now. This was on offer at £895 but with no takers it ended up in the yard.

I must have sold many dozens of those new when I was selling VW and Audi back in the day? Servo'ed brakes?....nah....they are for wusses!!....same for power steering. My first company car as a sales man was a bright red one of those....a 1.0 in base "Fox" trim.....a mighty 45 horsepower!!!

I must have sold many dozens of those new when I was selling VW and Audi back in the day? Servo'ed brakes?....nah....they are for wusses!!....same for power steering. My first company car as a sales man was a bright red one of those....a 1.0 in base "Fox" trim.....a mighty 45 horsepower!!!

Some twenty years ago a mate gave me a 1987 one for nothing that had been passed onto him by his Mum and had then ended up sitting around unused for about six months. A scrapyard alternator, rear windscreen wiper motor and a couple of sections of exhaust along with an oil change and MOT came to around £100. I was going to sell it for a quick profit but ended up running it for a year and 20k miles instead.

It needed a new head gasket (£150) and the scrapyard alternator packed up and left me stranded one winter night* about a month before I sold it but I certainly had some use out of it.

* NEVER have anything to do with the AA !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom