Spotted In The Scrapyard.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ford Popular 100E:

DSCN5664.jpg

DSCN5669.jpg
I remember doing nixersa on the 100Es as an apprentice, many moons ago..and their vacuum driven wipers..

A shame as the Metro was a much better car to drive in every sense but driving position. All the Fiesta offered was the driving position feel of a bigger car. If only the Metro had looked less frumpy and Ford wasn't enjoying the rallying success it was. The union jack and a future princess owner was not a marketing strategy to trump Ford's. A couple of brackets would have sorted out the overly upright steering wheel.
I did my first 180 degree handbrake turn in a metro, in my college car park (it was a bit gravelly). Then a number of years later i managed to spin a tuned MG Metro turbo on the A3 at Guildford. It was an animal, in that the turbo seemed to be on or off. I really liked the XR2's though.

That should be a classic sale yard, not a scrapyard, absolute tragedy :wallbash:

1993 Mercedes W124.

Last on the road in 2007, a 320E would have been quite a high-end model in its day:

DSCN8660.JPG

DSCN8658 - Copy.JPG

Sad to see someone has given up on a P6 - behind Rover in first pic.

That's the P6 which I posted here over four years ago. They must have broken hundreds of them over the years and have obviously decided to keep hold of this one on the basis that they'll surely never get another.

I was surprised to see another 600 turn up and it too could well be their last:

DSCN9186.JPG

DSCN9183.JPG

I was surprised to see another 600 turn up and it too could well be their last:
My abiding memory of the 600 / Accord was the supertanker-size turning circle. Tight multi-story carparks often needed two bites to get round the corners at the end of the ramps...

Is this Albert Looms scrappy in Derby? Looks very similar.

Spent too long there digging out parts to keep my Volvo 440 going on a shoe string.

Is this Albert Looms scrappy in Derby? Looks very similar.

Spent too long there digging out parts to keep my Volvo 440 going on a shoe string.

Yes most of the more recent photos are from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom