Spotted in the Trafford Centre - Manchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AANDYY

Car
E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
Image058-2.jpg

The place was dead today, even with it being a Monday! Car parks 1/4 to a 1/3 full!

Was it for sale ? Or just on display.

looks in excellent condition ..

what is for sale or part of some exhibition or for flogging some product/service?

I remember seeing that about 10 years ago when the centre had just opened, so I guess its on permanent display. Belonged to the wife of the developer or something I think... there's a plaque nearby

There was a plaque there but I didn't read it :eek: shame on me.

The car has been there since the centre opened.

WikiPedia says:
"Portraits running around the top of the walls of the mall depict members of the Whittaker family, founders of owner Peel Holdings. A Mercedes car belonging to the mother of Peel Holdings' chairman, John Whittaker, is on display on the first floor mall outside F. Hinds."

Correction, it was his mum's!

wiki said:
Portraits running around the top of the walls of the mall depict members of the Whittaker family, founders of owner Peel Holdings. A Mercedes car belonging to the mother of Peel Holdings' chairman, John Whittaker, is on display on the first floor mall outside F. Hinds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trafford_Centre

Edit: beaten to it. Knew it was a female member of his family :D

What a waste of a car , cars are for driving not looking at

We have an F HINDS in Cambridge aswell? or am I missing somthing? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom