Spotted on Ebay Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It certainly is a wonderful piece of technology and Mercedes-Benz could learn so much about where they have gone wrong by studying the quality of the workmanship on this excellent class.

Thanks for the link.

John

its' too bad that the w124 300TD never made it to the UK. This car I believe would tick all the boxes for me whilst still having the build quality that we expect from MB.

...yes, this was the one I was going to buy but the hassle of sourcing, checking and importing, I decided not to buy one. The W124 300TDT was made up to 1996 and you can live with LHD in the UK...
Les

I dont get it....whats so special about it?

DanW said:
I dont get it....whats so special about it?

for a start it's a w124, the car that many consider to be the last MB not built to a price...Secondly, with its 3.0 TD engine it had performances that were unheard of in those days for a diesel. And last but not least it is one of the very few 4-Matic offered as a diesel. That is for me what makes it extra special ! :bannana:

DITTRICH said:
...yes, this was the one I was going to buy but the hassle of sourcing, checking and importing, I decided not to buy one. The W124 300TDT was made up to 1996 and you can live with LHD in the UK...
Les
If only they had thought it worthwhile to build them in RHD for the UK.I'am sure they could have put the power steering somewhere else. :rolleyes:

I was browsing the web trying to find more tech spec on this car but didn't find anything as I don't speak German. Anybody got any link they know of ??

pepper&boulou said:
If only they had thought it worthwhile to build them in RHD for the UK.I'am sure they could have put the power steering somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately this has been an ongoing issue. Mercedes-Benz offer a 4Matic to this present day right through the range of saloons. C, E and S-class are all available in 4 wheel drive (4Matic). Unfortunately they are only available as LHD.

Rumour has it that with the new V6 we might see 4Matic over here, but I will only believe this when I see the first official confirmation.

Regards,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom