Spotted: Porsche 959... Delivery miles only

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
She's a beauty.

I even like the Paul McCartney spec seats!

Porsche don't do well if not used. Ones of that era suffer from the head bolts not being work hardened. It looks great...but could be unreliable.

I stumbled across one of these in a bonded warehouse in Felixstowe.

I went to view some bankrupt stock and there was a 959 with a dust cover over it in the corner, at that point it had been there 5+ years. It had been imported but the deal fell through - the importer simply couldn't afford to pay the duty and vat so there is sat in Limbo.

It was a white one and had very little mileage on it indeed.

I stumbled across one of these in a bonded warehouse in Felixstowe.

I went to view some bankrupt stock and there was a 959 with a dust cover over it in the corner, at that point it had been there 5+ years. It had been imported but the deal fell through - the importer simply couldn't afford to pay the duty and vat so there is sat in Limbo.

It was a white one and had very little mileage on it indeed.

Recently?

very nice, thats on my lottery winning list along with a lot of other 80s stupidity

They are a very nice car indeed Built a replica back in the ninties for a customer
imported the kit from the states it was £5000 then just for the kit

I've heard there are still plenty of 959s in private collections in the US with delivery miles, as they never received type approval in the US and were only eventually released from customs in 2002, and only then for display purposes, not to be driven on the roads.

The story goes that Bill Gates, Paul Allen and Jerry Seinfeld among others had their cars still in the shipping containers at the port for going on 15 years before legislation passed allowing them to import them as display exhibits.

Paul Allen had his in Swizterland for a few years just so he got to use it lol

I like the exterior but the inside looks like an 80s Astra or Sierra so it wouldn't be on my Xmas list. Hi tec car in its day though.

I've heard there are still plenty of 959s in private collections in the US with delivery miles, as they never received type approval in the US and were only eventually released from customs in 2002, and only then for display purposes, not to be driven on the roads.

The story goes that Bill Gates, Paul Allen and Jerry Seinfeld among others had their cars still in the shipping containers at the port for going on 15 years before legislation passed allowing them to import them as display exhibits.

I heard that Gates imported one specially for the authorities to use for type approval, us that true?

I still remember Nick Faldo's ex took a golf club to his when he got caught with his pants down!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom