Spotted XJS Shooting Brake today .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
Unfortunately it was smashed to fook on the hard shoulder of the A2 !

Gutted !

IIRC they (Lynx) only made 50 or 60 of them ... sounds like one less now :(

A LYNX EVENTER perchance?
screen-shot-2018-05-10-at-11-54-02-am-1525967804.png

Jaguar XJ-S Shooting Brake for Sale - Lynx Eventer Auction

From what I could see it was a real late one and had a xjs number plate - It was a hard front end smash so you never know the back end may live on !

Wanted to buy one decades ago at a London motor show, later saw 2 parked at a pub we used to occasionally visit south of Heathfield, turned out they were "His and Hers" of a couple that lived close to the pub!

Worth good money now, last time I looked on Autotrader they were £50-70k! Maybe that will tempt the insurers to repair it - not sure if Lynx still exist, they moved from their Hastings industrial estate base years ago. We used to live a few miles from that, and I'd deliberately divert to drive past it, saw a few interesting sights parked in the road outside, like the Ecurie Ecosse transporter with a C type on the roof!

I think the name has been bought out, the registered address is now the garage next door to my old office in Henley.

Lynx :: Lynx Eventer
FACELIFT MODEL
Eventer-66.jpg

ps from the link above

From 1982 to 2002, Lynx converted 67 XJS into Eventers plus 1 prototype which is still in existence. 2 of these Eventers were sold in Germany under another brand, they are known as Royal-Motors Las Vegas. Another one, or maybe 2, were sold in Germany by Arden under their own brand and renamed AJ3 Station car. Copies were made in the early 90’s infringing Lynx copyrights, in France by Les Ateliers Réunis which is supposed to have produced between 5 and 11 depending on the source, and in Belgium where Gerard Dulait made 1. Most of these Eventers or Eventers copies are supposed to be still in existence.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Does anyone else see one of these in there somewhere???
0175d2d4706159a81b709eaeb19d069e.jpg

I do have a soft spot for the XJS. I have two at the moment. a 1986 XJ-SC with a 5 speed manual and a 1994 XJS 6 liter V12 convertible. I'm probably going to sell them soon as I saw a building that I want to buy and I never drive them. IMG_20181117_152232 (1).jpg PHOTO_20131116_142439.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom