Spotted!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think covering plates is a little pointless anyway, I see registration numbers all the time when I'm outside so why does it matter if I see them on a forum?

I see your point, but the difference is you probably don't note them down and go off later and check the ownership details etc, whereas on a forum the numbers are permanently displayed and easy to check (if you wanted to!). Not a big deal mind you, but I guess there's some privacy issue here... But, an interesting point - why DO we conceal our plates when we post pics of our cars? I do it 'cos everyone else does! :D

Not seen one in this colour before, but I do like it!
I wonder when he is going to get the paintwork finished!:D

IMG00209-20091009-1140.jpg

Saw this G Wagen in a similar finish! Guess it suits it..

gwagen.JPG

I just love that Karmann Ghia :)

Takes me back to 60's Germany..

I doubt if the G was a wrap, but you never know...

I doubt if the G was a wrap, but you never know...

Speaking to the Brabus guys last year, their cars were Teflon coated, and panels needing attention were replaced, being the most cost effective method.

aDSC01256.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Saw this classic today...

IMG00212-20091010-1758r1.jpg

I saw this C43 AMG in the Peak District today, a pleasant change to long line of modern cars parked nearby.

P1050134.JPG

P1050135.JPG

Speaking to the Brabus guys last year, their cars were Teflon coated, and panels needing attention were replaced, being the most cost effective method.

aDSC01256.jpg

You really could cook your breakfast on that bonnet then! I'll have two rahers of bacon, two sausages and two fried eggs please! :D

You really could cook your breakfast on that bonnet then! I'll have two rahers of bacon, two sausages and two fried eggs please! :D

I remember them saying that if panels had to be replaced, a perfect match was guaranteed. I think that particular vehicle was being offered at £44k, as an ex demo, but I may be wrong. I'm sure they'd have thrown in (or on) a free breakfast though!!

They had a few different models in teflon, this being another.

aDSC01261.jpg

Last edited:
saw this C43 AMG in the Peak District today, a pleasant change to long line of modern cars parked nearby.

This wasn't at the Roaches was it?

Last edited:
This wasn't at the Roaches was it?

Yes. We walked along the ridge and then on to Lud's Church. Windy, but very nice indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom