Spray-on shine for black alloys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cws196

Car
S205 C250d AMG Premium+
What do people recommend for a deep-shine/high gloss spray-on wax for gloss black alloy wheels? I like to spray something on after a weekly wash and I’m finding sonax quick detailer doesn’t really cut it with these wheels.

I use megs Ultimate quick detailer on my black car seems to work the best for me.

ideally you need something that is more heat resistant.

have you not considered coating your wheels??? most wheel coatings are about the same cost as a litre of detailer etc and will last around 12months/24mnths depending on brand type

also Wowo's crystal sealant is great stuff, and you'll get about 6mnths on your wheels with one coat

Already coated them in c5 gtechniq back in January. It's the deep gloss black finish I'm after....but realise that may not be attainable!

ah, in that case, stacking products on top of the C5 will mask the coating and not allow it to work very well.
Pretty sure you can stack GTECH Evo on the coating or use C2V3 as a topper... saying that any sio2 based product should work well too

I've never read about not over-coating? What I have just done is re-apply Poorboys wheel sealant and have got the deep-gloss look I was after (again!).

I see, its not going to harm the coating, it will just mask the cleaning properties of the C5. However poorboys may not last as long if its doesn't bond directly to the coating.#

If your after an easier product then look into Sio2 based sealants, or toppers as they will work better than the wax matey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom