Spring coil specs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cez

Car
CLS 320
Hello,
Can anyone provide a list with the specs(dimensions) for the spring coils.
On my CLS 320(C219) the suspension is lowered, that is how I bought the car, but it is a bit soft.
I would like to change the springs, but could use some help build them springs.

If the supension is soft/floaty it may be because the shocks have gone. Lowering a car without changing to shorter travel shocks often forces the normal shocks to operate over a range of movement they were not designed for causing them to fail quite quickly Maybe its your shocks that have gone?
H and R do a sports spring that lowers 35mm part no 29236VA2 unfortunately they don't give dimensions

Last edited:
If you are going back to standard then there are a few hoop to jump through.

The springs are rated not only by the model but also by the options fitted to your car , the more options (weight) your car has then different springs and / or spacers will be required.

Either buy new from the dealer (expensive) , buy a second hand set (risky) or buy a new set of lowering springs with less of a drop and get new shocks to match.

Kenny

Dealer springs are around 60 quid. Csll them with vin snd ask ...

Well..I have discussed at the dealer ship and they say that the car was fitted on request by the factory with the sport suspension.
What they recommended was to change the springs to same height springs, but more rigid.
Will update you once they call me be with their version.

just to let you know the struts have an adjuster ring in the base under the silver cup , this can be adjusted to firm up springs and heighten the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom