spring protection detail (pic heavy)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hotong86

spring protection detail E63 (pic heavy)

hello guys and girls.

spring protection detail for my E63

First of all i apologise for not taking any before photos.. my car hadn't been washed for about 3 weeks, so it was pretty dirty from the amount of rain we've had.

Firstly i started the day with valet pro citrus degreaser as the TFR, horse hair brush was used to agitate the dirt in hard to reach areas (ie door shuts, boot shut, inside fuel filler flap)

Next whilst i left the degreaser to set in, I sprayed valet pro billbery on the wheels, a 2:1 solution was used

I jet hosed the citrus degreaser off first followed by the alloys.

Next up car was snow foamed just incase the TFR had left any dirt ( or i missed with the jet hose) so obligatory snow foam photo:

Car was hosed after leaving the snow foam to do its thing for a few minutes.

Next up was the basic wash. Using 2BM method, DD SN shampoo and DD SN wookies fist.
car was then rinsed but not dried as the next step requires lube

next up. DD purposeful purple+ Poor boys QD+ as lube, i find the purposeful purple a really good all round clay to use. its medium grade clay which removes contamination and tar spots very quickly:

After the bonnet and passenger side wing the clay looked like this:

not too bad really but bare in mind ive only owned the car for just over 1 month its no surprise.

car was re snow foamed and washed again with 2BM method to remove the QD+. Dried off this time with 2 big blue drying towels.

Next up was DD Lime Prime Light as polish,I dont think my car strictly needed it but its part of the process, applied via a Megiaurs polish pad applicator:

DD lime prime was buffed off with a microfibre towel.

next up it's wax time. As the weather is perking up a bit, i chose to use a medium to soft wax as i dont feel a hard wax for protection is only needed closer towards winter time.
so my favourite wax atm: applied again with a megs applicator pad

I left the wax to cure for about 45 mins whilst i went inside for lunch. Wax was buffed off and techincally now my LSP was applied.
Its one of my favourite products at the moment. Very easy to use and it produces shine and protection that quick detailers could only dream of:

Car was finished with the windows being cleaned with DD clearly menthol:

results to follow. sorry about the quick "finished" photos. The sky decided to start spitting before i could apply any tyre shine:

one of my favourite touches on my car. The mercedes Benz lettering inside the headlights

and a quick beading photo after it drizzled for a bit.

Thanks for reading guys

-ho

Last edited:
Four door? I'll stick with me diesel 2 door, at least its sexy!

Four doors are for a man's car.

Two doors are for girls and hairdressers.

I love 4 doors, i mean each to their own but I'd have that e63 over most things that are two door

haha, nope, 2 doors are sexy, 4 doors scream I'm middle aged and grey.....ask a woman!

Impressive :thumb:.

2 doors, 4 doors...

Everyone knows fast wagons rule :cool:.

Great job, stunning car :thumb:

One day,maybe :cool:

I love 4 doors, i mean each to their own but I'd have that e63 over most things that are two door

That's because you are a man. Are you middle aged and grey?

I'm not middle aged but it won't be long - and definitely not grey.

haha, nope, 2 doors are sexy, 4 doors scream I'm middle aged and grey.....ask a woman!

Then I can only deduce from this that you are a woman, and hairdresser or both?

I rest my case.

:D

That's because you are a man. Are you middle aged and grey?

I'm not middle aged but it won't be long - and definitely not grey.

Then I can only deduce from this that you are a woman, and hairdresser or both?

I rest my case.

:D

Not at all, only a hairdresser would drive a four door,so hows the barbers business?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom