Spring snapped overnight!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tyler Durden

Just over a week ago I came out to get into my car, this is what I was faced with...

merc1.jpg

Yep, a spring had snapped overnight! Really don't know how this could happen with it just sitting there (but i'm glad it did rather than with me hooning along).

Bought some uprated Eibach springs and had them fitted yesterday. They are fantastic. Lowered just right and no loss of comfort either.

My mechanic called me to say well done for getting a set instead of the fronts only, as the rear offside spring had also snapped (which wasnt really that evident)!!!! weird. Anyone else suffer spring failure overnight?

:confused:

Common problem. Many other threads about this.

Jesus just done a search, that was interesting. Strange my springs went bang when the car was at a standstill with no-one in it...

My alarm too went off as my interior light was on when I went outside...

yes it happen to me , in car park

wow holy s... how is this possible?!:eek:

Jesus just done a search, that was interesting. Strange my springs went bang when the car was at a standstill with no-one in it...

My alarm too went off as my interior light was on when I went outside...

They seem to break like that most often - weird really, you'd think if they were weakened then they'd break while on the move. One suggestion is that it's to do with temperature change.

If they broke on the move more often, there might be more of an outcry about them breaking - it just seems to be accepted now.

My Dads did this on the way back from Europe....looked like a drag car.

He drove back from France like that....couln't turn on anything like full lock.

As he had a lot of weight in the back it seemed to be 'ok' apparently.

Odd that this is happening more and more though?

Seems to be disgustingly popular with E class, happened to my mates 55 plate!!!! :doh:

I am amazed at how many snap when no-one is in the cars :confused:

just as well though.....

What's your mileage Tyler? Mine went at about 145k, parked outside the house. I've also had a rear offside replaced!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom