Springs covered by Used Warranty?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blacklight124

Car
C180 SE Exec w COMAND
Hey folks,

So I took the car to Islay and Jura at the weekend and after a particularly long, heavily patched road Im hearing a noise when going over any bumps. Kind of like a brick bouncing about in a plastic box...:dk:

I am guessing this might be a broken spring but not sure and no idea how to check. Anyways, does anyone know if this is covered by the warranty? I only got the car in April. Its used, from a Mercedes dealership and I do have a 12 month warranty. Apparently it still had a month of the original new warranty left and the dealer added 11 months to that.

Ill try look out documentation too.

Thanks

As far as I know MB do replace broken springs under warranty, however while it is always recommended to replace springs in pairs (for obvious reasons), the warranty will usually only pay for replacing the broken one and you'll have to negotiate with the dealer the cost for replacing the other.

Found some documentation. Its a Tier 1 warranty so that should be fine eh? Ill call the dealership today and see if I can get it into them. Cheers for the quick reply Markjay

Turns out it was a shock absorber. They replaced it under warranty so all good again. :)

The Tier 1 covers virtually anything that "fails" including through normal wear and tear as long as it's not a regular service item eg not pads and discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom