Sprint Booster CL500 C215 2004

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Meatfeast

Car
CL500 C215 2004
Hi all.

I recently bought a second hand Sprint Booster for my CL500.

I finally got round to fitting it this afternoon and I’m a bit concerned.

I was sent the booster still attached to the accelerator pedal, however the pedal sent was slightly different to mine in that it also had a small extra plug in the back of it where as pedal was the same except it didn’t have the plug recess in it and theres nothing to plug into it on my CL.

So we Sprint Booster onto my peddle and that was that.

We then installed the pedal and reconnected everything and started the car - and this is when the problems began.

I had no throttle response at all for around 4 seconds or so and then the revs slowly began to build, its so slow to react its dangerous. Then the revs seem to be better but still slow to respond and build. From then with each gear change the process repeats itself!

There is no kickdown whatsoever either.

But then something strange happened.

I managed to nurse the car home, but when I pulled up I accidentally stopped the engine on the Start/Stop button - so I restarted it - and nearly reversed through the front of the house!!!

I got a Check Engine Light at that point, so I plugged in my OBD reader and the codes were P0323 & P0323PD - which point to the throttle position being buggered up.

I cleared the code and restarted the engine and hey presto the throttle worked! - so I turned it off and restarted and it didn’t work - this has been the pattern for the past 30 minutes.

Does anybody have any experience with Sprint Boosters, are they plug and play, if so do they take a while to adapt, or do they need to be set up on Star?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Kindest regards.

Gosh not the best way to buy these , is there any reference to it's SB part number ?

And may I ask from where you purchased ?

How it should be .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What are you hoping to achieve fitting this Sprint booster?
Throw it in the skip where it belongs and have a remap done by a reputable company for a little extra performance and throttle response.

But only if they go into Pedalkennlinie...
And not alot do !

Skip... yeah right , that's why there's over a million units sold and around 10 other knock off throttle controllers ( despite patents ) Worldwide .

Maybe this one though it sounds borked.

You Sir are the uneducated minority Vs a tsunami of Worldwide satisfaction .

Gosh not the best way to buy these , is there any reference to it's SB part number ?

And may I ask from where you purchased ?
Thanks for your reply.

I bought it from eBay, it was used but it seemed exactly what I was looking for.

I’m not after more power, just more response from the throttle.

The one I bought isn’t adjustable, its an earlier model. The guy that I bought it from has just come back to me and said I need to fit a new crank position sensor, but I’m not sure about that as everything was fine until I fitted the box this afternoon.

Thanks for your reply.

I bought it from eBay, it was used but it seemed exactly what I was looking for.

The one I bought isn’t adjustable, its an earlier model. The guy that I bought it from has just come back to me and said I need to fit a new crank position sensor, but I’m not sure about that as everything was fine until I fitted the box this afternoon.
A new CPS?
The seller doesn't have a clue either.
Return it for a refund and spend it more wisely.

@Gazwould "You Sir are the uneducated minority Vs a tsunami of Worldwide satisfaction ."

Lol, right.
This lot are all wrong as well then?

For every satisfied customer there are those who think its a waste of money.
I'm in the snake oil camp.

Thanks for your reply.

I would look to return it and forget about it.

Hopefully if you re-instate your car it should start working again. Sounds like the controller is broken / no for your car

A new CPS?
The seller doesn't have a clue either.
Return it for a refund and spend it more wisely.

@Gazwould "You Sir are the uneducated minority Vs a tsunami of Worldwide satisfaction ."

Lol, right.
This lot are all wrong as well then?

For every satisfied customer there are those who think its a waste of money.
I'm in the snake oil camp.

That's fine it all depends on understanding ability .

But you are wrong doing by putting people off and not letting them decide for themselves with a no quibble 30 day satisfaction guarantee and subsequent 3 year warranty .

There's no snake oil about it for people with actual throttle pedal lag as I can provide a tsunami of Worldwide positive Mercedes reviews from long term Mercedes forum members with thousands of posts and I'm not here to lie or decieve either .

It's unqualified and null and void to comment without actual personal experience primarily purchased to improve throttle pedal lag response .

That's fine it all depends on understanding ability .

But you are wrong doing by putting people off and not letting them decide for themselves with a no quibble 30 day satisfaction guarantee and subsequent 3 year warranty .

There's no snake oil about it for people with actual throttle pedal lag as I can provide a tsunami of Worldwide positive Mercedes reviews from long term Mercedes forum members with thousands of posts and I'm not here to lie or decieve either .

It's unqualified and null and void to comment without actual personal experience primarily purchased to improve throttle pedal lag response .
You mean you can cut and paste?
And don't assume you know anything about my understanding ability.
I really had no idea we are all in the midst of such a font of knowledge.
Not only are you the self appointed forum guru on tyres, brake pads and discs, oil, and now Sprint Boosters.
Is there no end to your expertise?

You had a positive experience with a Sprint Booster so in your eyes they work.
Looks like the OP is having a pretty negative result with his purchase!
For every positive experience there is a negative one. I have more interesting things in my life to do than argue with someone so one eyed about a product.
It's been done already on another thread so I'm not going to cover old ground again.

Not at all , I'm not like that , I listen and take in every aspect with an open mind good or bad , based on only if a positive overwhelming majority I may choose to purchase a product .

It hasn't failed me yet...

The car was fine; you fitted the thing; the car isn't fine. OP, send it back for a refund. It's quite obviously and undoubtedly literally worse than useless. The extra plug might have something to do with it, but that's irrelevant; it was sold to you on the basis that it would work on your car, you fitted it, and it doesn't. That's not to say a serviceable one might not be of some use, but this one isn't. Get rid, and get your money back.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

Don't listen to the seller you've every right under Egay rules to return for refund .

You set out to solve something and you still can with great satisfaction and that's why SB is on Version 3.

Buy new and buy once and get a 30 day no quibble money back guarantee and for the longer term a 3 year warranty and a whole lot more...

Screenshot_20220524-073910_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220524-074055_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220524-074040_Chrome.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

FFS give it a rest. It's all but impossible to believe that you don't work for the company. You're a joke; do you not realise that?

If it was possible to block everything from you on a specific subject, I would, and so I suspect would more than one other forum member.

Reactions: JHS
You don't know me...

There is a bullet proof remanufactured modified machine engineering solution to another manufacturers planned obsolescence experienced by myself , credit where credit is due , do I recommend yes , am I employed or receive a commission , no !

And neither is the situation at hand .

If it works , it works .

It's the endless reposting of a massive advertisement that gives the game away. We know you well enough...

And Sprint Booster has nothing to do with any sort of 'planned obsolescence', real or imagined.

Didn't say it was , you are nothing but a stupid boring old twister.

25% correct...

I always think personal abuse is a bit childish, don't you? It's the last refuge of the inarticulate...

Do tell what product you have in mind with this "...bullet proof remanufactured modified machine engineering solution to another manufacturers planned obsolescence...". Judging by the way you do all you can to promote Sprint Booster, you will doubtless have done the same for this other device?

Yes I have , it is to be praised because it prevents the engine from being seized due to oil starvation and to a lesser extent a goosed turbo .

MzVlNDk5N2E5M2RlYWI0MDY1YTcxZTk4ZDU0MWM0ZTgAwIu4Zi-i85cUctp5kaTFaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb2...jpg

The manufacturers original planned obsolescence time bomb is still taking engines out to this day despite the issue being identified back in 2009 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom