Sprint Booster W219 CLS 350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cls350doc

Car
cls 350
Hi,

Looking to get a sprint booster for my car. Have read a lot about it on here....good and bad.

My car does suffer from lag as I'm sure most DWB cars would.

I'll be ordering it tomorrow.

Is it an easy install on this car? I only ask because it took me many hours to fit simple front light bulbs and have seen older Mercs youtube videos mentioning connecting under the hood.

Help would be appreciated :)

It won't fix the lag, all it does is trick the ecu into thinking you have pushed the pedal harder.

A cheap fix to this is just to push the pedal harder.

I have installed SprintBooster this afternoon and taken my car for a test drive and it makes a hell of a difference.

I recommend SprintBooster and urge people to not listen to the Oldies here who care more about the legalities of driving....Sorry not ment at your personally....Just my opinion after reading posts on here for a few years.

Regardless this forum is helpful.

Complete waste of money, I had one fitted to a E46 M3 for all of 2 minutes, I concour with Howard. BTW what does age and a useless bit of tat have to do with anything?

Last edited:
I have installed SprintBooster this afternoon and taken my car for a test drive and it makes a hell of a difference.

Apparently moving your seat 1/2" forward has the same effect, for no cost.

Russ

I stand by my Sprint Booster review.

It's about fun driving and looking good. Not about 'have you informed your insurance company or this is illegal'.

It's about fun driving and looking good.

Are you for real?

It's about fun driving and looking good. Not about 'have you informed your insurance company or this is illegal'.

Well, I'll agree that it appears to come in a nice looking box. I was curious, and still am, how it makes the car look better, of have I missed something?

Dont they remove the torque limiter in the 1st couple of gears? if there is such a thing of course?

Just what ive read, and if that is the case id rather keep the torque limiter there.

Complete waste of money, I had one fitted to a E46 M3 for all of 2 minutes, I concour with Howard. BTW what does age and a useless bit of tat have to do with anything?

But he didn't fit it to a BMW M3? so in your own words whats that got to do with anything?:confused:.

Alfie

I thought about one of these for my old XF that suffered terribly from lag but never got round to getting one.

If it works for you and makes your Merc more enjoyable to drive then good for you mate.;)

I maybe even think of one for my S350 now lol.

Alfie

Dont they remove the torque limiter in the 1st couple of gears? if there is such a thing of course?

Just what ive read, and if that is the case id rather keep the torque limiter there.

That would be quite some achievement merely by interrupting and reinterpreting the throttle position sensor.

It's just an expensive way of ramping up the throttle position so you get more "travel" for a given physical movement, but then if it were priced lower it probably wouldn't sell as well because it would be more easily dismissed as cheap tat.

Manufacturers already employ this trick - it's called "Sport" mode, although in their case it's usually intertwined with different shift patterns etc.

Last edited:
That would be quite some achievement merely by interrupting and reinterpreting the throttle position sensor.

It's just an expensive way of ramping up the throttle position so you get more "travel" for a given physical movement, but then if it were priced lower it probably wouldn't sell as well because it would be more easily dismissed as cheap tat.

Manufacturers already employ this trick - it's called "Sport" mode, although in their case it's usually intertwined with different shift patterns etc.

so its does exactly what your right foot does? lol

...I recommend SprintBooster and urge people to not listen to the Oldies here who care more about the legalities of driving....

.It's about fun driving and looking good. Not about 'have you informed your insurance company or this is illegal'.

Not sure where to start.........

The manufacturer of Spring Booster say the it is perfectly legal to fit and that it does not invalidate your insurance. I am happy to take them at their word.

Additionally, no one mentioned legalities or insurance, precisely because of this reason.

The only argument against the device was that some members here consider it to be a waste of money, which is a perefectly reasonable and legitimate view.

So not sure what you are ranting about?

My last car (Allroad 2.7TT) must have had the factory equivalent of a SprintBooster fitted..
LOADS of shove in the first 20% or so of accelerator travel. Always impressed anyone who drove it for the first time.

Problem was, put your foot down the other 80%......didn't seem to go any faster!

No wonder it got through so much petrol....

Hi,

I have tested the SprintBooster today for 2 hours. Amazing!!

Regardless if it is a simple amplifier, it makes driving amazing!

In terms of my comment regarding looking good, it was not related to this but just posts I have read on here where people have been against HID kits.

In terms of age, that's an assumption, hence my opinion so apologise if it is taken badly.

Hi,

I have tested the SprintBooster today for 2 hours. Amazing!!

Regardless if it is a simple amplifier, it makes driving amazing!

In terms of my comment regarding looking good, it was not related to this but just posts I have read on here where people have been against HID kits.

In terms of age, that's an assumption, hence my opinion so apologise if it is taken badly.

Wow, it sounds amazing!

This is a direct quote from their website:

• Sprint Booster does not increase Horsepower.

• Sprint Booster does not reduce your 0-60mph times.

So basically, you pay a fortune so as you don't have to press the throttle as hard with your right foot? Each to their own I suppose.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom