Sprintbooster putting EPC light on! :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonathanC250

Car
2005 W203 C320 CDI
Hi everyone,

I have just got a Sprintbooster BDD451 from member ZAHID on here,

for my C250 TD Auto, when i have plugged it in and started the car, the EPC light is on and there is no response from the pedal or from the control under the bonnet ( where the SB is plugged in)

Does anyone know why this would do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

disconnect it and check you haven't accidentally bent one or more of the pins - if I remember right, they are quite thin.

Thanks for your replies!

None of the pins have been bent on it, i have tried taking it out and installing again, but every time the sprintbooster is connected the EPC light is lit and the pedal does not respond.

As far as the bdd451A being for the autos, according to the sprintbooster site the bdd451 is for manuals, but will work with autos and the response from it is more agressive.

Whether or not this is true, i dont know!

I wonder if i would be able to try a 451 A if anyone has one to see if that does the same thing.

When i searched it, a few sites said different things, like all cars from 2000, then others said 99, and another said all mercs with drive by wire, which my car has got, although it is a 1998!

I was really dissapointed when i plugged it in and it didnt work! Especially after the rave reviews on this and the other forum!

They should work with all Mercedes 97 onwards from what I read but some adverts say 2000. Did you manage to get it working?

Copied from that thread above:

Actually, I'd better qualify that NO from earlier.

The Bosch ECU on the diesels seems to throw a wobbly when a SB is fitted, but IIRC didn't KLP (Nav) try one on a 250td and it worked but through the gear changes out.

Certainly a 300 won't run with one at all..just has a hissy fit.

thanks for everyones replies,

I have got rid of it now, my friend has a 2000 Clk230 Komp with a manual transmission, tried it on his and it worked and he liked it. So he gave me the money i paid for it.

Has anyone successfully got one of these to work on a c250 td? As posted ^ KLP 92 tried one, but it made the gears go funny or something.

Thanks for your help though,

I'll need to investigate further ways to make it a bit more responsive!

I dont think they'll work, according to this on page 43:

Hi...
How did you get on?... mine arrived yesterday... fitted it with no problems, stared OK and throttle response seemed quicker... shot out of the drive like a man possessed and within a mile under steady part throttle accel, the EPC light came on and the engine dropped down to idle speed with no throttle response
confused.gif
. Switched off, and re-started but still no throttle response - just idling smoothly... Unplugged the booster and reverted back to normal - drove back home without any problems... undeterred, and late at night, I reconnected the booster and managed 5 miles or so, then again under steady acceleration(2/3 throttle), EPC light came on and back to idle speed.
Back to normal, now concerned if it happens again whilst overtaking, might prove somewhat scary
eek.gif
redface.gif

Contacted Bill today and he seemed surprised and promised to call me back as soon as he has spoken to Boulekos.

Just spoke to Bill yesterday and he confirmed that the Booster is not compatible with the 'older' mercs due to voltage differences, so it looks like year 2000 and on only.... so in the post it went for a refund... back to the drawing board
frown.gif

Shame it looks like they won't work, remap it is.

Yes, definately is a shame!!

I'll have to look into remaps a bit more then, i talked to angel tuning who said they wont do it!!

Apparently the C250 cannot be remapped, the process that needs to be done is called Re-Chipping or piggybacking the ECU. Which ANgel do not do.

Member Flania on here, has metnioned this to me, and he is able to carry out such procedures, i need to find out more information from him.

Hopefully this will be able to offer worthwile improvements, as i imagine its not going to be cheap to do!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom