Sprintbooster

Are you a modder?

• Yes. I have already modded my car with cosmetic mods like pedals, badges etc.

Votes: 37 18.8%
  • Yes. I have already modded my cars Engine, Brakes, Suspension and Performance.

Votes: 59 29.9%
  • No. I haven't modded my car yet but I might.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • No. I wont mod my car as I want it left standard.

Votes: 39 19.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm still not convinced i wouldnt have traction problems with 400ft lbs on tap!!

For sure you need to adopt a different driving style where your right foot is concerned but, you can save a few pounds and buy the one below..... i bet you keep it, rather than easily making your money back on ebay.

If you're happy with your car as it is, then there's no need to bother. It's your choice.:D

There's one for sale in the classifieds section;)HERE

Had a look on my vito van (02 cdi 108 manual g/b)and theres wires on top of my accelerator pedal would it work on mine ????
and if it does which one would i need?? looked on the sprintbooser website and a bit lost

would it be this one
BDD 451 A * MERCEDES P’GERS 2000
thanks
popps

Last edited:
The discount might now ave expired - but shy bairns get nowt - mention being a new member of the club ;)

Bought mine sometime in November and I spoke to Bill and he gave me the MB Club discount.

Actually, I'd better qualify that NO from earlier.

The Bosch ECU on the diesels seems to throw a wobbly when a SB is fitted, but IIRC didn't KLP (Nav) try one on a 250td and it worked but through the gear changes out.

Certainly a 300 won't run with one at all..just has a hissy fit.

I've just finished reading this thread (started reading it in August ) but cant find any record of anyone fitting it to a manual. I've got a C230K, facelifted W202 and i know it'd fit, just interested to see if anyone's tried it on a manual first as kickdown, gear selection and driving mode dont apply.
It sounds like a great mod, just concerned it would make manual gear changes too 'jerky' as the car is already VERY spirited in first and second when giving it the beans. This said, i'd like the benefits of more throttle control once up a bit higher in the box when overtaking/motorway/getaway driving :)
What does everyone think the effects of this are to the engine/gearbox/clutch? Are we dealing out some punishment or does the fact that there's actually not any more power limit the likelihood of extra wear?
Any ideas people?

so is that a no for a manual vito then ?????

popps

He did hold the special price for a lot longer than he said he was going to.
Maybe I'll try and negotiate with him again.

Hi Guys , i,m a new member and have a 06 plate C320CDI sport and i,m very interested in this mod , its got a 7g box and at times i find it frustrating it will not kick down and is very poor at times i think this is due to my wife who drives the car alot and is very gentle on the peddle , will it work on my car ?? do you guys think its worth me buying ? will it effect my warranty with mercedes ?? thanks for the advice Simon

Hi Guys , i,m a new member and have a 06 plate C320CDI sport and i,m very interested in this mod , its got a 7g box and at times i find it frustrating it will not kick down and is very poor at times i think this is due to my wife who drives the car alot and is very gentle on the peddle , will it work on my car ?? do you guys think its worth me buying ? will it effect my warranty with mercedes ?? thanks for the advice Simon
If your wife drives the car and she is a gentile driver, then it begs the question, 'Why'

Sprintbooster will see your wife having kittens and although it might appear to be funny, I would DEFINITELY consult with her about this and be prepared to have some costly repairs :devil:

Will it effect your warranty?

Yes

Please read the terms and conditions of that warranty :)

will it effect my warranty with mercedes ?? thanks for the advice Simon

Just unplug it when you take your car in for a service etc. They'll be none the wiser.
Also, my insurance company never charge me extra for it.

If your wife drives the car and she is a gentile driver, then it begs the question, 'Why'

Sprintbooster will see your wife having kittens and although it might appear to be funny, I would DEFINITELY consult with her about this and be prepared to have some costly repairs :devil:

Will it effect your warranty?

Yes

Please read the terms and conditions of that warranty :)

ha ha ha ....looks like i better order a set of new rear tyres as well !!! :)

Ok so I'm considering getting one of these.

Has anyone fitted one to a w215? The car is obviously an auto but I've read that people have fitted the manual version to get an even better throttle response, is this true?

Cheers

...I've read that people have fitted the manual version to get an even better throttle response, is this true?
It's true but frankly you'll be happy with the standard (auto?) one!

I am usin a SB on my automati W208 (230) since 2 years (more than 60,000 km) and I am still very happy.
Regarding the question raised by tuxman, at the beginning my wife was not very confident with the different response.....now she is more happy than me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom