Sprinter 208 "pinking" help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbob

Car
sprinter 208
My first post so hopefully in the correct place
Recently replaced the fuel leak off valve ? At end of high pressure fuel line and all 4 injectors all was well for first few hundred miles then engine started to make a noise best way I can describe it is a pinking noise at first very low level but now after 3,000 miles starting to be worse. As I was on my way to Spain had to hope for best, returned now but going back in a few weeks, noise is worse when pulling hard or going uphill. My plan at the moment to buy one injector and swap them one at a time hoping that is the cause. Van runs fine better in fact
It's a self converted motor caravan 2002 vintage sprinter 208 cdi. Any ideas as going back with half of the house in van and trailer. Thanks

That's what I have been telling myself its only started after changing the injectors and as they were a recon set off ebay ? Mercedes wanted arm and leg, worried that one cylinder is running weak and may burn out piston top ( not the best thing to have on a French motorway).
Van has done 3000+ miles with no problem in fact seems to be pulling better not that a 208 could be described as pulling ever more moving slightly quicker !! Bob

Don't new injectors have to be 'coded' into the ECU with STAR so that they work correctly??

I wondered along these lines (more I wonder more I worry )
Have been thinking about getting the van re-mapped if that is right word as its not got a lot of power at best of times what would be the chance that it would improve / remove any problems.
almost sure that van will be ok as we ran for 6 hours + at 60 mph on the
French motorway a couple of months ago

Any good companies around Oprington Kent you could recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom