Sprinter 313 Clutch Problem Only 1984 miles on clock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andycphs

Car
Sprinter
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with clutches on new Sprinters 313.

We have a '64' plate 313 with just 1984 miles on the clock and the clutch has gone. MB have said its not under warranty.

We have had many 313 sprinters and never had a clutch problem, even with over 150k on the clock.

Any advice at all would be appreciated

Thanks

Why is it not covered by the warranty?

Is the clutch slipping or just not working? Describe the symptoms a little more.

I think if it was me I would immediately escalate that to either MB head office or germany.
They could, of course, be right, if you driver was ragging the nuts off it - but if, for instance, the van that your driver had previously been using was the one you traded in with 150k miles on the clock and same clutch.....:)
HTH

Victory

Germany have agreed to do the repair under warranty as a 'good will gesture'

They reckon the release bearing had failed which kept the clutch engaged. Took a bit tough talking to get this result.

Good for you.
I would be insisting it is documented as a warranty repair with no reference to a "goodwill" gesture - there is no goodwill involved if a bearing designed to last circa 100,000 miles didn't even do 2000. That way you have covered yourself in case (god forbid) something happens further down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom