Sprinter 316 Auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB72

Car
Isuzu D-Max
We're just looking to order our first ever MB. It will be a medium wheelbase standard roof 316 Automatic converted to a drive from wheelchair/interchangeable front passenger wheelchair accessible conversion.

Has anyone else gone down this route, either private purchase or through Motability and how do you find it as an everyday vehicle?

Good, bad and indifferent responses welcome. Also of course anyone with this vehicle that's not converted for anything in particular, it would be good to hear from you too.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I'll start the ball rolling by saying I just have an old 1997 312, which I have had now for 14 years with 230,000 on it. Your 316, will be 160 Bhp, ( last 2 numbers denote the Bhp and the first number is the GVW ( Gross Vehicle Weight and in your case 3.5 tonnes) ) and they are fliers. A friend of mine had a manual one and used it well loaded up and down the motorways at uncanny speeds.
Automatic ones are a bit thin on the ground, but I dare say the same caveat exists as with auto boxes on cars, that you need to get the ATF changed at about 150k. Might be an idea to just find out what auto box it has. You can get this information from the vehicles Vin number. Post up the Vin on here and some kind person may well give you the exact vehicle spec it came out the factory with.
You do not quote the mileage on yours, but I am assuming it will be lowish because of its past history.
Sprinters are superb vans capable of galactic mileages if you look after them. Just ensure you have a good security system on it as 316's seem quite desirable by the thieves.

Steve

It'll be brand spanking new out of the factory. Alas you just can't get a second hand one converted. Well you'd be very lucky to find one to meet your individual needs. Therefore new is the only way to go sadly. Only sadly because of the final price once converted. take a deep breath £62k. Ouch, lucky interest rates are at an all time low!

Thank you for the heads up on security system. Our 110 before I was disabled was always a worry on the theft potential as well.

We will also be towing the caravan with ours.

Hi,
Sorry, I seem to have misread your first paragraph and thought you was 2nd owner on a previously converted van. ( senior moment )
Brand spanky new! How nice can that be. Caravan will be a breeze with 160 Bhp.
Post some photos on here when you get it .

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom