Sprinter Cigarette lighter top dash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gemdeco

Car
Mercedes sprinter motorhome
Hi I have a 2020 Sprinter on the top of the dash is a blank for Cigarette light socket has any one manager to get one fitted in there I want to use it to power my Dash Cam

Hi I have a 2020 Sprinter on the top of the dash is a blank for Cigarette light socket has any one manager to get one fitted in there I want to use it to power my Dash Cam
Hiya

The top 12v socket is run from the main dashboard wiring.

If you have any of the USB sockets, I would suggest maybe taking a feed from that as the cable harnesses are vehicle specific.

Do you need the 12v socket part number?

Hi Thank You for your reply, I had hoped the wiring looms were basically the same for all models with plug in extra's I have trid using the USB sockets but they do not provide enough power for the camera Alan

Hi Thank You for your reply, I had hoped the wiring looms were basically the same for all models with plug in extra's I have trid using the USB sockets but they do not provide enough power for the camera Alan
Hi Alan

To be honest, I am not sure what is underr the storage compartment in terms of wiring, I would have thought if you had one option in there then like as you said, the whole harness would have been available.

I was advised by Mercedes-Benz that they are vehicle specific, which basically means they don't want people retrofitting!!

I have all tthree of them on the back part and wanted to install the wireless charging tray but obviously if the wiring is vehicle specific, then I will need to order the dashboard wiring harness using the VIN from the vehicle that was in a crash to get the correct harness.

Hi Alan

To be honest, I am not sure what is underr the storage compartment in terms of wiring, I would have thought if you had one option in there then like as you said, the whole harness would have been available.

I was advised by Mercedes-Benz that they are vehicle specific, which basically means they don't want people retrofitting!!

I have all tthree of them on the back part and wanted to install the wireless charging tray but obviously if the wiring is vehicle specific, then I will need to order the dashboard wiring harness using the VIN from the vehicle that was in a crash to get the correct harness.
Please let me know how you get on, as the cigarette lighter socket only works when the engine is running and not really suitable for a dash cam have you worked out how to remove the top dash mouldings

Please let me know how you get on, as the cigarette lighter socket only works when the engine is running and not really suitable for a dash cam have you worked out how to remove the top dash mouldings
Hiya

I think you should only need to remove the top middle one.

I am not sure what yours is like but I think there is a couple of screws and it then clips out.

Alternatively, removing the screen/radio/two air vents panel might be easier.

I don't know what your plans are, but you might get a better feed from behind the middle screen.

Stuart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom