Sprinter Motorhome Cold Start Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavePerry

Car
Chrysler Crossfire Roadster & Marquis Mirage Motorhome
Hi, First time on this forum, so I'll try and keep it brief. I have a 1998 Sprinter based Marquis motorhome which has a 2.9 diesel, (a 602 DE LA - I believe); anyway after a cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment, it had to be stood up for a while, but I kept it on a trickle charge and with a regular weekly start-up and run up to temperature, just to blow the cobwebs out. Then, one day it would not start, full stop. Engine turns over at a good rate and fuel is coming through injectors fine; glow plugs are working, but no joy in terms of firing up. Any input, at all would be greatly appreciated, as I can't move it to get it into a dealers to give it the full once-over.

I think if I remember correctly there are a couple of sensors on the pump maybe have a look at the wiring/connectors near the pump also check the little black bag by the battery tray Mercedes fitted it upside down and water would get in but couldn't get out there is a big connector block in there that corrodes failing that I am stumped,has the vehicle got an immobiliser fitted maybe that is preventing it from starting,its been about 20 years since I worked on these but the sprinter is a commercial vehicle and maybe call mb24hr and a tech can come out from a commercial dealership ( well that's how it used to work).

PS good luck with your treatment.

I think if I remember correctly there are a couple of sensors on the pump maybe have a look at the wiring/connectors near the pump also check the little black bag by the battery tray Mercedes fitted it upside down and water would get in but couldn't get out there is a big connector block in there that corrodes failing that I am stumped,has the vehicle got an immobiliser fitted maybe that is preventing it from starting,its been about 20 years since I worked on these but the sprinter is a commercial vehicle and maybe call mb24hr and a tech can come out from a commercial dealership ( well that's how it used to work).

PS good luck with your treatment.
Many thanks Jason, a couple of worthwhile things to check there - much appreciated and thanks for the good wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom