Sprinter P2600 dtc code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edmuss

Car
Sprinter 310
Hi,
First post here and asking for help so hopefully someone might be able to do so!

We've got a 14 plate 310 CDI sprinter that we're converting to a family camping bus, MOT is booked for Saturday and there is an EML up on the dash. The cheapy OBD2 scanner I have is showing it up as a P2600 dtc and labels it generically as auxillary coolant pump is open circuit.

I've been on a bit of a merry chase today speaking to a local MB commercial place who are super helpful but according to records there was never an auxiliary coolant pump fitted from factory. From what I've read the auxiliary pumps are used in minibuses or where there's a night heater installed from factory.

Having now registered and looked up the code on the sticky thread it lists it as under voltage on circuit 87. Unfortunately this doesn't mean a great deal to me, however the main battery is probably a little flat (the van is sat whilst we're converting it and the stereo has been on most of the time). It starts ok but hasn't been on a good run in weeks.

The battery is currently on charge, can anyone shed any light on what else could be the cause?

Thanks in advance for any responses, apologies if I've shoved this in the wrong place!

Can you take a look at the water pump on the front of the engine please and let me know if it has a rubber hose going to the top of it?

I have same problem with P2600 on my sprinter. 2014 plate as well. Been told no pump fitted by Mercedes. Anyone got useful thoughts?

I have same problem with P2600 on my sprinter. 2014 plate as well. Been told no pump fitted by Mercedes. Anyone got useful thoughts?
Usually switch over valve fails, it's got a rubber hose going to it from water pump and sits just above the pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom