Spurious flat tyre warning....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

milleplod

Car
S212 E350CDi
I had the big red 'check tyre pressure' (or whatever it says) warning come up earlier - car's a 2010 E350CDi. I've no tpms sensors on my wheels, but, as I understand it, the system will also get info should there be a difference in rolling radius between tyres, as there would be with a flat, or significantly reduced pressure. Thing is, tyres are all OK - what could cause the warning to have come up? Resetting the tpms has cleared it, and it's not come back on (yet!).

Pete

Essentially the system uses the ABS sensors to count the number of times the wheels go round and learns the differences between them.

Best thing to do is what you have done, check that the tyre pressures are OK and then reset the system. The system will then re-learn the differences and set a new reference/checksum. That should sort it out.

When i was having issues with my rear suspension it would throw a tyre pressure warning - this was when one side at the rear was jacking itself up to full height. Might be worth checking that as well if there's a height sensor issue or something. The issue with mine at the time (reason for jacking itself up one side) was that the indy had replaced the airlines the wrong way round at the valve block!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom