Spyshots: 2014 Mercedes C63 AMG Spotted, Could Be Called C55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^ +1

I'd love it if they use the 5.5 TT

I'm sure the CLS63 TT would be in the right price range when this comes out though

Mercedes would really be shooting themselves in the foot if they put the non TT 5.5 in it. I think it will be a detuned TT. Tuners will have a field day with it.

What would be so bad about putting the non-TT in out of interest?

It is fine in the slk55, it has 420 and the c-class only has another 30bhp, which we know would be easy to get out of that engine without breaking a sweat.

It sounds immense still when at full chat, but the beauty is the emissions are ridiculously low and with the cylinder shutoff you can get decent mpg on the motorway. I just don't think it would need the TT. But then I guess these cars also don't 'need' a V8 but its immense that they do.

Mercedes would really be shooting themselves in the foot if they put the non TT 5.5 in it. I think it will be a detuned TT. Tuners will have a field day with it.

Part of me agrees with you, part of me doesn't.

The W205 will be lighter assumably than the W204. Does it need quite as much power. I've driven a C63, it is great, but overpowered. Perhaps a lighter car with just over 400bhp from 5500cc be a better thing, particularly if they sharpen up the handling.

A TT motor will add mass etc that the car may be better without. Or they could do two, a N/A one and a TT one...however, better chassis, means a more powerful motor could be needed

Choice, never a bad thing.

Personally, should a C class AMG have the same engine as an S class and SL class AMG. BMW M power do different engines for different cars, why should MB not offer different engines accross the range.

I hear they are using the 5.5L engine from the SLK55 which has the cylinder shut off technology..

and it's going to be called a C55AMG.

P

Personally, should a C class AMG have the same engine as an S class and SL class AMG. BMW M power do different engines for different cars, why should MB not offer different engines accross the range.

M only offer 2 engines now

4.0LV8 in the M3 and the new 4.4TT in the M5 & M6

AMG offer 55NA, 55TT, 63NA, 65TT

Part of me agrees with you, part of me doesn't.

The W205 will be lighter assumably than the W204. Does it need quite as much power. I've driven a C63, it is great, but overpowered. Perhaps a lighter car with just over 400bhp from 5500cc be a better thing, particularly if they sharpen up the handling.

A TT motor will add mass etc that the car may be better without. Or they could do two, a N/A one and a TT one...however, better chassis, means a more powerful motor could be needed

Choice, never a bad thing.

Totally agree, if the knock 100kg off to make it the same weight as the SLK and give it the same engine it will fly, the SLK is no slouch, 4.6 0-62 and my own tests have confirmed its faster than an M3 and an RS5...

And cylinder shutoff really is a good technology, and surprisingly I'm liking the stop start too, it's so peaceful and tranquil at junctions, sometimes unnerving at how quiet it is sitting there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom