Spyware / Trojan / Warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me..

I keep getting a warning flash up telling me I have a trojan ..then one saying spyware.. then telling me to click on a button to find out how to delete it. I get directed to a a website trying to sell me spyware / virus removers

http://antispyware-reviews.biz/?wmid=4663&pwebmid=R3n1c2Bg8A

I have run adaware and my virus scan and there isnt a thing there...

The question is -- How do I get rid of this warning message -- it is driving me insane..

Thanks..:crazy: :mad: :crazy: :mad:

Do you use Internet Explorer? If so, this is most likely a pop up window and not actually something on your computer. If you want to get rid of very irritating pop up's then I suggest downloading another browser called Firefox, it stops all unwanted pop ups and has in built security. It's a free download and I use it all the time - I just popped an icon to it on my desktop and click on that instead of IE.

It may be worth you CLICKING THIS LINK and giving it a go...

Hope that sorts the problem :)

Do you use Internet Explorer? If so, this is most likely a pop up window and not actually something on your computer. If you want to get rid of very irritating pop up's then I suggest downloading another browser called Firefox, it stops all unwanted pop ups and has in built security. It's a free download and I use it all the time - I just popped an icon to it on my desktop and click on that instead of IE.

It may be worth you CLICKING THIS LINK and giving it a go...

Hope that sorts the problem :)

Thanks but I am running aol....it comes up even if no browser is open....:(

This problem is actully created by a exe or file stored in some location on the computer that creates this pop up to appear. Even if your computer is 100% virus free this file will still let this pop up to appear every now and then. I recall reading about this type of thing and remember removal can only be done in safe mode and sometimes requires editing the registry. You will find that googling your symptoms should get you a step by step guide on how to remove it on a blog or forum of some sort.

THIS is all you need, I had a similar problem a few months ago, fixed it all.

will do ..but its now like waiting for a kettle to boil.................:D

This problem is actully created by a exe or file stored in some location on the computer that creates this pop up to appear. Even if your computer is 100% virus free this file will still let this pop up to appear every now and then. I recall reading about this type of thing and remember removal can only be done in safe mode and sometimes requires editing the registry. You will find that googling your symptoms should get you a step by step guide on how to remove it on a blog or forum of some sort.

Geee this sounds scarey.....for a novice...:eek:

Had this problem some time ago and mentioned it on this forum. I have had a search but cannot find my thread. Basically, I was given a site to downlaod a progarmme that effectively reformatted your harddrive in safe mode without loosing any data. I will keep looking.

Found it http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=35657&highlight=reformat the entry by masqueraid

Last edited:
When I got that that last year, nothing would remove it. Oh yes all of the anti spy ware firms said that theirs would.

In the end I re booted

If ever that message come up tell you that you have a virus,,turn the PC off quick do not click on any of the buttons as that will open it, and then its too late

Just thought that I would say that I am honest in the web content that I view sometimes by accident,, thats where this thing comes from :mad::mad:

Can you post the exact wording of the popup?

I cleaned one of our employees machine just a few days ago with something similar - googling the exact phrase that popped up (it had some grammatical inacuracies if I remember well) brought up a tool called
SmitFraudFix.exe

It runs in safe-mode and did wonders - that said, it all depends on the exact problem you have - hence my request to see the exact wording.

Michele

It comes up in the normal looking box warning you that you have a virus .
there is the "enter" and "Cancel" and the red cross at the top right.

If you press the X it does not go away, nor with cancel.

It will only go in you power down (mains off)

Sounds like your browser has at some stage in the past been hijacked. Often its done by tricking someone into downloading a small file which is not what it says it is. It then hides itself away and imbeds itself all over the place making it VERY VERY difficult to remove and delete.
This happened to me last year and even my very good antispyware and antivirus programs failed to remove it.
This is what you have to do to fix your problem.
It sounds a bit of a long winded affair, but providing you follow these steps exactly as I list below, then it will be deleted.
If you are not 100% happy with doing it yourself get a friend who is PC literate to help you.
This is what you must do.....................

Please do the following on your system:

First, please download 'Combofix' to your desktop from the link below:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

Once the 'Combofix' file is on your desktop, please reboot your computer into 'Safe Mode':

Please reboot your computer into "Safe Mode" by restarting your computer and tapping the F8 key. After that, you should see a startup menu. Select "Safe Mode" and hit Log in to your username and follow these instructions after the black desktop loads.

Finally, please follow these instructions using the 'Combofix' file:

Close all open windows.

Double-Click combofix.exe. NOTE: MAKE SURE THAT COMBOFIX.EXE IS ON YOUR DESKTOP. A blue window will appear. Wait a few moments while the application loads.

Once the application changes prompts press the ‘1’ key and press <ENTER>. The window will ask you to wait while the application processes the infection. This may take several minutes to complete.

Once complete, you may or may not be prompted to reboot. If you are not prompted a window will appear with the ComboFix.txt log. If you are prompted, simply reboot and the ComboFix.txt log should appear on your desktop.

In addition, please do the following:

1.) Open 'My Computer'
2.) Open 'Local Disk C:'
3.) Find the 'Qoobox' folder and delete it from your system
4.) Empty your 'Recycle Bin'

Now reboot and all should be perfect.

Good luck.......................

Last edited:
Used a program called Malwarebyte's anti-malware and it found 40 items in the registry (yes 40) that spybot / adaware and avast didnt find....

So far so good..... but if it comes back I will take verytalldave's approach..

Michele - it is a warning - it varies in its wording - either of 3 different messages - all trying to get me to eventually go to a website to download a program to remove it....as if i would go there the b@st@rds....

I am just waiting to see if it pops up again

:crazy:

I've got a Malware in my web browser at the moment that has got past somehow... considering all the protection i take on my kit, this one has got in and elluding me at the moment, got past AVG full version, Defender, spybot, Adaware Plus .. all registered software.. i've even gone through the registry.. no luck getting rid of this IE hijacker.. i've now got to go through the painstaking hijack this etc the find the elusive file. But first i'll try Crockers link... here we go!!

Last edited:
Well after just over an hour it happened again so its now a case of using Dave's link....

here goes....

It wont load .....must be an non vista programme so I am going to run malwarebyte again but in safe mode..

fingers crossed ....I know its not a danger but god is it annoying...SEM let me know how you get on ..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom