Squeak at low speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MilesWFB

Car
2015 C220d S205
Hello,
I have a little problem with my 2011 C220 estate. At low speeds (<10mph) there is a squeak from the back of the car with every wheel revolution. I had the CV boots replaced since they were leaking and brake disks in the back replaced in Feb and this is when the squeak started. but as the weather got warmer it went away. Now in October, it becomes colder and the sound is back. It sounds like it is more in the centre. What should I do? Something to worry about?

We went back in march for them to check the sound and they said it was the parking brake and a wheel nut that was too long!!! and it was gone for a short time. so I don't know what they did to it but everything was fine before (except the repairs I came in for)

I have experienced creaking suspension when cold, but it went away after driving a couple of miles, presumably the suspension warms-up.

I have experienced creaking suspension when cold, but it went away after driving a couple of miles, presumably the suspension warms-up.
I thought this but it is only under 10 mph and goes away even when cold and over 10mph. As said it does sound like it comes from the centre of the car (diff maybe?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom