Squeak over speed bump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peakie

Car
C250 cdi 2014
Hi, I’ve got a e220d coupe 2018 (C238) and seem to be getting a few issues suspension wise due to pot holes etc, recently bust a spring so got the front springs replaced then drove over a sunken man hole cover as I was going round a sharp left hand bend and my right wheel went in it and now every time I go over speed bumps I get a squeaking noise from the right side front of the car, I’ve had everything checked but everything looks ok, been told it could be top mount or shock.?? Any ideas?? Thanks.

Hi, I’ve got a e220d coupe 2018 (C238) and seem to be getting a few issues suspension wise due to pot holes etc, recently bust a spring so got the front springs replaced then drove over a sunken man hole cover as I was going round a sharp left hand bend and my right wheel went in it and now every time I go over speed bumps I get a squeaking noise from the right side front of the car, I’ve had everything checked but everything looks ok, been told it could be top mount or shock.?? Any ideas?? Thanks.
I have a 2019 e220 saloon. I bought it in february. The off side front suspension squeaks and groans all the time over speed bumps. Though not so bad when the car is warm.

My C43 had a left rear squeak after having it's last service, it went away after a few days I assume something hadn't seated correctly when it came down from the ramp and it just needed to settle.

Yours sounds like it's taken a bit of a beating though, I'd be checking all the rubbers and ball joints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom