Squeaking heater w124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

christokane

Car
w124 220ce + w140 S500
My heather has a slightly annoying squeak when on first blow setting and just wondering is there a handy place to spray some trusty WD40 on ?

Sent from my Sony Arc S using MBClub UK

You can get to the motor itself from under the bonnet, there is a guide on the forum somwhere.

The blower motor itself? It defo sounds like it's just behind the interior dash panel.

I was so hoping that someone would just say spray some lubricant into vent number 2 at 45 degree angle or something... it's safe to say I'm not gonna go to all that trouble. Think I'll just buy some new speakers and drown out the sound. ... good detailed "how to " tho..
Cheers

Great how to. I thought it was a dashboard pull out after watching a youtube vid.

Confession time.
I have previously fixed squeaky heaters by spraying WD40 into the inlet - fan slowest speed and windows open and it has worked.
It doesn't seem to go all over the interior.
Prolly is the worst thing in the whole wide world, and I will go to Hell, but it has worked for me.

If it's squeaking now, give it 3 months and it will be howling.

It's very easy to take the blower motor out and grease the bearings. I did mine in about 90 mins total and used aerosol lithium grease. That was about 6 months ago, and I've had no problems since.

Not that difficult, just a bit time consuming, has to be done from the engine area and not the fascia. when you get the squirrel fan out you can see why you can't spray WD40 down the vents they are in no way associated. I have a USA blokes PDF (peachparts) on how to do it,
send email and I will forward it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom