Squeaking interior when going slow or over bumps C63 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SaRO1321

Car
C63 AMG W204 Alfra Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Hi everyone,

It might not be a major issue for others, but I can't stand it. When going thru town roads, low speeds or over bumps, I'm getting like a squeaky type of noise that seems to be coming from the rear door panel (there's no door as it's a coupe), behind the passenger seat. I initially thought I might've not strapped the back seats back in properly post putting them down, but they're properly tucked back in. Nothing seems to be loose to the eye. But whenever I'm not on the motorway, it just squeaks and its driving me mad. Anyone else has had similar issues with interiors squeaking and has been able to fix it? The picture shows where I think the squeaking is coming from. I hate it so much that I wish my left ear was deaf 😂

Attachments

• 151994827_213812793823590_1262455129907604202_n.jpg
    151994827_213812793823590_1262455129907604202_n.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 12
They all have a panoramic sunroof,
I hope you find it there's nothing worse than a irritating squeak
Mines quiet 👍its not the seat rubbing on the arch is it

As stated the pan roof seals squeaking can cause a noise that will drive u mad. Test by getting the noise and at the same time slightly open the roof and see if it goes

Could well be the seat rubbing.
As stated the pan roof seals squeaking can cause a noise that will drive u mad. Test by getting the noise and at the same time slightly open the roof and see if it goes
Thanks. I'll try that and see.

The seat rubbing is one thing that came to mind when looking up similar type of squeak. It doesn't sound like it coming from the roof seals but then can't be totally sure. Difficult to think its the arch because the noise is very much inside and seems to locate in that particular corner.

Noise and squeaks inside can be thrown and travel around the cabin. Cheap fix if it is the roof seals just put some lube on the seals and off u go

You could try some leather conditioner on the base (side of the seat ) to act as a lubricant see if that helps 😉

You could try some leather conditioner on the base (side of the seat ) to act as a lubricant see if that helps 😉
Now that I have listened to a YouTube video of sunroof squeak / creak, the noise identical. It pretty much seems like the sunroof rather than the seat. Am I right in saying that petroleum based lubricants won't be good for the rubber sunroof seals?

Noise and squeaks inside can be thrown and travel around the cabin. Cheap fix if it is the roof seals just put some lube on the seals and off u go
is there a lubricant that you can recommend? I don't think petroleum based ones are good to apply to the seals as it will damage the rubber?

Not sure on the type of grease but for the seals, infact any rubber seals i use Nextzett Gummie pfledge brilliant stuff

Not sure on the type of grease but for the seals, infact any rubber seals i use Nextzett Gummie pfledge brilliant stuff
Nice one! There is silicone grease available on many online platforms as well. Let me try this gummie fledge and see how it goes 😎

Dont use silicon grease on seals it atracts dust 😤

Dont use silicon grease on seals it atracts dust 😤
No, I'll buy the one you recommended. Also cheaper than the silicone seals as well. Less than a tenner with shipping. Saying that, I'll buy anything that gets rid of that damn annoying squeaking. Was driving me crazy yesterday 😅

I had a squeek behind my head in the e93 M3 fine with roof down annoying with roof up that turned out to be a clip under the rear headrest try finding that 1 i used gummi on all the seals

I had a squeek behind my head in the e93 M3 fine with roof down annoying with roof up that turned out to be a clip under the rear headrest try finding that 1 i used gummi on all the seals
It's like high pitched but low...annoying you so much. like when you know a mosquito is close by in the dark but can't locate it 😂

Yeh my sunroof is usually down. Saying that, it makes sense because my sister has a habit of wanting to press buttons and then asking 'what does this do'. I hadn't opened the sunroof obviously since the weather was nice, but she opened it a week ago. Maybe that brought on the squeaking, especially with trapped dirt etc. I'm going to give the nooks and crannies and a good clean before applying the gummy fledge. Hope it works 👍🏼

I had a period of bad rattles in my car, and that turned out to be the sunroof. It sounded like the dashboard, but I was wrong... some light Gummi Pflege on the outer sunroof seals fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom