Squeaking interior when going slow or over bumps C63 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
is there a lubricant that you can recommend? I don't think petroleum based ones are good to apply to the seals as it will damage the rubber?
One of the Krytox products (not cheap) .........get in touch with the UK distributor, they will point you in the right direction. Don't buy the cheap stuff on EBay, it is not genuine and will probably not be efective.

Silicone spray or gummi pflege will quieten your squeaks..

I believe that Krytox is what dealers use to get rid of squeaks - e.g. leather/plastic , rubber/glass etc leaves no marks, no smell, does not attract dust and lasts.

I had exactly the same problem coming from apparently the same position. It sounded exactly like it was coming from the just behind the rear left passenger seat.

It turned out to be a metal bracket somewhere in the boot that was connected to the bodywork and was not properly secured. The dealer drove the car around with a mechanic in the boot to locate the sound...

We have had so many complaints about rattles in modern MB's. Its all fixable but it just takes some time.

I had exactly the same problem coming from apparently the same position. It sounded exactly like it was coming from the just behind the rear left passenger seat.

It turned out to be a metal bracket somewhere in the boot that was connected to the bodywork and was not properly secured. The dealer drove the car around with a mechanic in the boot to locate the sound...
Interesting. I'm waiting for the products I ordered to arrive so I can apply it. Saying that, I did some initial cleaning and wiping down of the rubbers in and around the panoramic roof and it already pretty much reduced the squeaks significantly. let's see how I get on. Mine very much sounds like its coming from the roof it seems. but I'll keep your incident in mind if it persists post applying the rubber products etc.

I
We have had so many complaints about rattles in modern MB's. Its all fixable but it just takes some time.
if it was rattling, I would've already taken it to the garage to investigate. it is more like a squeak coming from the panoramic roof. if what I will be doing at home doesn't work, then I will take it in to have it looked at. Rattles I wouldn't take chances with.

Silicone spray or gummi pflege will quieten your squeaks..
Thank you. I called Mercedes regarding the silicone grease for the compartment where the rollers of the roof move on and they recommended the one I should get. I also ordered gummy pfledge to then treat the rubber surfaces. I did some cleaning up of dirt and dust build up and also gently wiping down the rubber with a damp towel. Even that reduced the squeaking significantly. let's see how I get on once the silicone grease and gummy fledge arrive. 👍🏼

Thank you. I called Mercedes regarding the silicone grease for the compartment where the rollers of the roof move on and they recommended the one I should get. I also ordered gummy pfledge to then treat the rubber surfaces. I did some cleaning up of dirt and dust build up and also gently wiping down the rubber with a damp towel. Even that reduced the squeaking significantly. let's see how I get on once the silicone grease and gummy fledge arrive. 👍🏼
Isn't that roof grease like £100 a tube . ?

I just use white lithium grease after every winter . I dont open the roof that much in summer . Only in winter to spray the creaking rubbers . :)

I just use white lithium grease after every winter . I dont open the roof that much in summer . Only in winter to spray the creaking rubbers . :)
You can buy the W204 'gleitpaste' online in an amount that will be enough for 2-3 applications. This rather than buying a whole tub. I did also think about the silicone grease (only for the compartment where the blind and then the sunroof move back and forth) and then treating the rubber with gummy fledge. But the gleitpaste the guy at mb Stratford recommended is affordable. One thing I noticed when doing some light rubbing down of the rubber and the outer edges was a bit of carbon built up, dust and dirt. The rubber edges definitely felt better when gently rubbing down with a damp towel.

Like you, I hardly If ever open the sunroof. But my sister opened it a week ago when the weather was quite cold - just out of curiosity and that has brought about the annoying squeaking.

Probably Krytox - £40 for a tiny bottle......

£5.95 on ebay for 10ml . If you can believe its not cut with vaseline:)

Probably Krytox - £40 for a tiny bottle......
I bought the gleitpaste from Mercedes in Stratford for just over £40. 30ml.
£5.95 on ebay for 10ml . If you can believe its not cut with vaseline:)
yeh I noticed that too. another just under 9 pounds. I was able to get it there. Just popped in. I probably would've given the ebay ones a go, if I had to order online.

I bought the gleitpaste from Mercedes in Stratford for just over £40. 30ml.

yeh I noticed that too. another just under 9 pounds. I was able to get it there. Just popped in. I probably would've given the ebay ones a go, if I had to order online.
Probably the Krytox grease. I chatted to the UK distributor of Krytox and he told me that the stuff MB, VW, Audi et al sell is Krytox. Go carefully, a tiny bit goes a long way and don't get it where you don't want it. Krytox is meant to stay and it stays.

Probably the Krytox grease. I chatted to the UK distributor of Krytox and he told me that the stuff MB, VW, Audi et al sell is Krytox. Go carefully, a tiny bit goes a long way and don't get it where you don't want it. Krytox is meant to stay and it stays.
thanks mate. will do 👍🏼

The ebay 10ml comes in a thimble . And a used match to apply it . 😁😁

As stated the pan roof seals squeaking can cause a noise that will drive u mad. Test by getting the noise and at the same time slightly open the roof and see if it goes
Thank You Thank You Thank You it was driving me mad the squeaking coming from the rear of my c class coupe now no squeaks thanks to you and Gummi Best Wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom