squeaky brakes driving me mad!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gbrowncls55

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS500 4.7TT 2012,, SL350 09, 996 cab, all current. Gone :CLS 55 E500 W211, 2x M5s and too many 911s
About a month ago I had new discs and pads fitted all round (Brembo) to my cls55 They were fine for a month but now they squeak loudly as i come to a complete halt. Every time. No difference in braking but it is driving me mad. Any ideas /solutions anyone??

Any chance it's actually the shoes on the parking brake dragging? - That's normally what makes the noise on my car.

If it is the disc brakes, then maybe consider a different compound next time? It seems unreasonable to change them again so soon.

Sometimes i find just re-seating the pads and putting some cooper grease/anti seize on the back of the pads/moving parts works.

Pads will need to come out and check for shiney spots of brake dust that gets baked on. If your pads have no middle slot for the dust .id recommend fitting pagid pads that have the slot.

My Brembo pads and new discs had an awful squeal until I'd done around 500 miles.
Quiet as a church mouse since then.

Give them an Italian tuneup, a couple of hard stops from speed, when it's safe of course. It should remove any residual glaze or other deposits on pads or discs.

A good wash down with a hose followed by above "italian tune up" seems to have done the trick. I expect it will return if I have to do another two and a half hour 30 mile journey through london stop start traffic in 30 degree heat to get to a Muse gig (which was when it started).But until then all is good. Thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom