Squeaky Drivers Seat!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpc

Car
2018 S205 C250 AMG LINE PREMIUM D AUTO
The drivers seat in my 61 plate C250 S204 has started squeaking rather loudly and its driving me to distraction! Other than turning the volume up on the stereo has anyone encountered this before and come up with a fix. It seems to be coming from the backrest part of the seat?

The drivers seat in my 61 plate C250 S204 has started squeaking rather loudly and its driving me to distraction! Other than turning the volume up on the stereo has anyone encountered this before and come up with a fix. It seems to be coming from the backrest part of the seat?

I have something similar on mine, it doesn't always do it and sounds more like a "Chirp" than a squeak and I can't find the source. :wallbash:

I have even resorted to letting my wife drive :eek: so I can sit in the back and listen out for it, no joy as yet! o_O

Mine did the same E coupe on a 62 plate. I cured it by spraying some light oil ( scott oil 365 ) down the side of the seat where the mechanical cogs are ( I'm sure there is a proper word for the gubbins ). Overspray was prevented by the good old faithful paper kitchen towel. I do it about once a year. I know its not the purist way of correcting the squeak but it certainly takes a few hours less than taking the seats out and then apart. Also if you have the front of the seat adjusted to its highest limit reduce it by a gnats length
as it reduces the tension on the seat material.
Hope this helps.

Mine did the same E coupe on a 62 plate. I cured it by spraying some light oil ( scott oil 365 ) down the side of the seat where the mechanical cogs are ( I'm sure there is a proper word for the gubbins ). Overspray was prevented by the good old faithful paper kitchen towel. I do it about once a year. I know its not the purist way of correcting the squeak but it certainly takes a few hours less than taking the seats out and then apart. Also if you have the front of the seat adjusted to its highest limit reduce it by a gnats length
as it reduces the tension on the seat material.
Hope this helps.

Any chance of posting a pic of where you mean re the mechanical cogs?

If you can wait until I find a teenager to do it for me......... It is where the seat and back pivot. If you sit on your seat you will see at each side of your b'tox a gap where there are metal workings that allow reclining of the seat, its there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom