Squealing brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jackg1995

Car
C180 kompressor
Hi, my a45 brakes began squealing last week. Pads still have meat on them but decided to change both the pads and the discs. Brakes were still squealing at first but was told they have to be ‘ran in’ but car still has the exact same squeal from the exact side when braking, could anyone help? Thanks.

Who fitted the pads last time?
What brand pads and rotors have been fitted? Same as before?

You may have just thrown new parts on for no reason, especially if just one side and if it's still there. I haven't seen the A45 set up but there is usually an anti-squeal shim on most cars these days. If it was correctly fitted and the pads were evenly worn, I would have tried some brake grease

Who fitted the pads last time?
What brand pads and rotors have been fitted? Same as before?
I use the same garage all the time, old pads were fitted a year ago probably, only started squealing a week or so ago, pads and discs are both brembo. It is definitely exact same squeal so I’m assuming it must be coming from the calliper?

You may have just thrown new parts on for no reason, especially if just one side and if it's still there. I haven't seen the A45 set up but there is usually an anti-squeal shim on most cars these days. If it was correctly fitted and the pads were evenly worn, I would have tried some brake grease
Yeah I’m starting to think the same thing, I’m assuming the brakes would of been greased when fitting the new pads etc, I will have to get in touch with the garage and see whether it was or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom