Squeeking B180

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ewans

Car
CLS 250 CDI AMG Sport
All, had my new B180 sport BlueEfficancy for 2 weeks now, so far 700 miles and liking it a lot.

However, there is s squeek, a big squeek, a consitant squeek from the rear suspension (i think) of the car whenever anyone gets in/out. Same thing happens using the front or back seats, passanger or driver side. Possibily it a bit more pronounced getting in/out the rear on the drivers side, hard to be 100% sure.

Is it worth mentioning to the dealer and getting it looked at or is this to be expected with a brand bew car before its had some time lssoen up and bed in a bit?

Far as i know the car was built in July 09 and had only been sitting in a yard for a month or so before i took delivary of it.

TIA
e

Definately take it back to the dealer :)

Agreed, return to dealer.
It could be something simple- for instance the toolkit/jack moving in the recess behind the back seat

Does it stll do it with the parking brake off?

Does it still do it with the parking brake off?

Hi BlackC55, I am interested in why you asked that question. My back suspension area (W203 estate with SLS) creaks/squeaks when the parking brake is on.

Is this a known issue?

(Sorry to Hi-jack the thread, but the answer may be relevant to the OP)

Yes it is common and can be sorted with some grease applied in the right area.

Yes it is common and can be sorted with some grease applied in the right area

If it is not a trade secret, where is the "right area" precisely?

Thanks.

ahhhh.....

Behind the parking brake shoes where they rub on the backplate.

Cheers all, will check the parking break idea tomorow and report back.

no squeeks with the parking break off, so back to the dealer it goes to get gressp up! thanks for the help olly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom