Squeeky/rattly rear shelf in slk320....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

99RON

Just bought (privately) as a second car (06/06 15K RAV4 is daily driver) a 20K mile 2-lady-owner FMBSH Lazulite blue/black/ally slk320. Absolutely stonkingly mint. Only quibble is that the rear shelf behind the seats makes a bit of racket - thin rattly-squeeky noise - on the move. Noise stops when one gently rests one's hand on it (and no probs with roof down). Anyone here had the same thing on a R170 SLK and come up with a definitive effective fix please??

Mike

PS - I'm highly impressed with the car. REALLY smooth engine well mated to classic Merc auto-box. Roof-down absolutely one of the best exhaust notes I've ever heard. Pleasingly compact car with quality roof mechanism. At the risk of sounding a t wat who's fallen on hard times but wishing to make what I consider to be a valid point, I've had quite a few newer cars this last few years (incl. 54-plate SLK55AMG, 2 new E85 Z4Ms, new E92 335d coupe, 3 (one new) Honda S2000s, Audi TTS etc. etc.) and despite the cars age and the fact that it's the older model, I am VERY impressed with this little car! (The only money issue here is that I've finally woken up to what a mug I've been blowing lots of dosh residually-speaking on dealer-supplied cars that I never keep for very long anyway).

Last edited:
There are some rubber buffers that the shelf rests on. These have fallen off a few times on mine.
IIRC they clip onto a lip - there should be 3 or 4.
If you cant find them, I'll post a couple of pics at the weekend/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom