Squeeky sterring wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swa65

Car
E300D 1995
:crazy: 95 E300D Steering wheel when parking or turning tight circle has an annoying squeak. Have been told that it needs to be lubricated! Has got an airbag and was wondering whether anyone has taken wheel and airbag off? Or has had a similar problem. Or is this something I should leave to the professionals?

Many thanks

Simon

Had this on my W202 (was more of a 'creak' than a 'squeak' - and only at low speeds!) ... not sure exactly what the squeak is, but its very likely that lubricating the right part will sort it out ! If you are confident removing the airbag (with battery disconnected for safety) then you could try and identify where its coming from .... but personally I'd leave it to somebody who knows what to look for. The steering wheel is quite an important bit of the car and if you were to lubricate something in the wrong place and cause any nuts to 'loosen' involuntarily, then you could have a problem on your hands !

S.

Yes, it is a mix of a 'squeak' and a 'creak'. Good point the wheel is something you don't want to mess up!

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom