Squirells......what next.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Where exactly are you then Sp!ke ?

Howard said:
Spoke to my pal Danny the lock keeper, he has trapped 50 , yes folks thats correct 50 of the lovely furry rodents since March......

He had 5 in one day on Saturday ....... :crazy:

Still doesn't seem to be thinning the numbers out though....

Hi Howard,
Squirrels are pests but I suppose they have there place in the ecological ladder. Are they actually damaging property, or is this purely reducing the numbers?

I heard the QE2 is making a surprise guest appearance for your festival, try to act surprised though when she enters your lock, otherwise the organisers might guess you were tipped off!!! :D

John

Its squirrell central where we are, they eat all the birds food, pull the bins out and throw rubbish everywhere and are generally a pain in the a**e....

Sure they have a place in the ecological ladder, but these are the non native variety so thinning the numbers out is probably all we are going to achieve,

As Sp!ke said, we are surrounded by heathland and woods so there are uncountable thousands of the pests out there....

As for the QE2 , it might have a spot of bother with Richmond bridge (headroom 18' 8") ;)

Howard said:
As for the QE2 , it might have a spot of bother with Richmond bridge (headroom 18' 8") ;)

I understand what you mean about the squirrels. It took me ages to find a proper bird feeder that is squirrel proof. We are fortunate in that everything seems pretty balanced down here. Peregrine falcons will actually help keep the numbers down, but somehow I cannot imagine one going into Adam's loft to help him out.

The 18ft clearance should not be a problem. When the QE2 lowers it's stage, they can connect it to the super structure by a bit of string which then lowers everything. :D Ye of little faith.

Just make sure you have plenty of pamphlets for all the inquistive American tourists that will want to see you operating the lock.

John

Sp!ke said:
lets me get within a couple of feet of it before it gets a little nervy. Must try and get a photo.
They're crawling with fleas, lice &c &c - and are currently spreading tuberculosis again, once we thought it had been eradicated. Couple of feet'd be quite close enough for me :eek:

glojo said:
Peregrine falcons will actually help keep the numbers down, but somehow I cannot imagine one going into Adam's loft to help him out.
Keep a python? Friendly to humans? Go for weeks without food, gorge themselves when they get a chance?

Come to think of it you'd have to feed it in winter ... how about introducing a few mouse nests into the attic??

Sp!ke said:
I'm a ten minute walk away in one of the Wates houses near thames young mariners.

Cool, i've got a friend who lives in Breamwater Gardens , thats near TYM !

rats with bushy tails

you need one or two of these

rats with tails

:D but make sure you don't have these...lmfao ;)

mark.t said:
:D but make sure you don't have these...lmfao ;)

OUCH!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D ouch

Very good,
John

i had them in my loft - found they were coming thro a small gap by a dormer - eventually stopped them by filling the hole with rolled up chicken wire - didnt stop them alone - but the filled the space with builders foam - the spray stuff they use around windows- stopped em for good none in there for over 3 yrs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom