SRS fault, drivers airbag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveskeggy

Car
S55 AMG
W220 S55 AMG 2003

Hi.
OK so I have the SRS warning and light on the dashboard, I have tried clearing it, but it comes back before I have the chance to re-read the codes.
It comes up as:

The resistance value in the ignition circuit containing component 12/3 (driver airbag ignition squib) is too high

I have replaced the airbag, things stay the same, same with clockspring.
I have stripped the column top down, and re-connected all of the items connecting the airbag to the SRS control unit.
There is continuity from the bag connector all the way to the pins on the module plug, there are no shorts between the two, (If anyone else has to test the continuity to the Module, there are shorting pins on each pair of pins coming from the bags inside the plug, to drain any power from the bags when you pull the connector out, you can bypass these with a piece of thin plastic cut to size, if you dont, it will appear that the two wires are shorted together), and neither wires are shorted to ground.

Now, I am thinking that if any of the sensors connected to the system was faulty, it would affect all the bags, and/or give a different reading to the one I have.
So, unless anyone has any other suggestions, I believe I am looking at replacing the module.
A couple of days ago, I stumbled upon a site that could take a used module, and recode it to your car for not a lot of money, however although I bookmarked the site, I will be damned if I can find it!
Obviously I want to do this as cheap as I can, because if it turns out not to be the module, then it could cost me a fortune, which I have not got because the flaming car has taken all of it!
Anybody know of this service, I can find some that are charging three hundred quid or more, but I dont want to spend that much on a hunch.
BTW, I know the chances are that the car will still have to be put on STAR after, I also know that I have lost all faith in my nearest MB main dealer, and the next nearest in in Grimsby, 50 miles away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom