SRS Light on for first 15min

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C230kompressor

Car
1997 C230 Kompressor SPORT(SOLD) ---1993 C180 ESPRIT(SOLD)---1989 190E Cosworth REP(SOLD)
hi i have a 1993 C180
i took the steering wheel and airbag off the other week to change the indicator /wiper arm, i left the battery off for 24hours to make sure but after the installation my SRS light stays on for about 15 min after starting and driving then goes out. i have code read my car myself at work but it wont let me access any thing not even EOBD! but our code reader let's me access my 1996 c230 kompressor!

and any one help?????

Bit of an obvious thing but did you disconnect the battery before you did the install otherwise i think it still lodges the error on the computer?

is it a continuous 15 mins every time to the second? what i mean is it simply a loose connection? the steering wheel connection and also check the seatbelt pretentioners under the seats.

someone once told me to disconenct the airbag ecu (in pass footwell WITH BATTERY DISCONNECTED) and leave for 1 hour and then leave the battery disconnected overnight to clear everything on the older models - mine is a 124 though....

hope this may be of help.... might be worth trying.

thankyou for your reply's
yea i did disconnect the battery! i left it off for 24hours!
and i did think i might be a loose connection but i wondered if any one else had this problem! i think i will have to look at the connection! and try the SRS ECU idea!
thankyou!

it will just have logged a code. presumably at some point you turned on the ignition with the airbag disconnected, perhaps to check the stalk worked ok? if so, it just needs the code erasing. the 15mins is the clue here - exactly what will happen on this old model.

it will just have logged a code. presumably at some point you turned on the ignition with the airbag disconnected, perhaps to check the stalk worked ok? if so, it just needs the code erasing. the 15mins is the clue here - exactly what will happen on this old model.

i dont think i did turn on the ignition as the battery wasnt connected again until i had finished! iv tried to read the code but it wont let our code reader into anything not even EOBD! i cant even do a quick check on the srs system!

disconnecting the battery is fine, but for future ref you only need to keep the ignition off. if you did as you say i cannot guess what has gone wrong, but you really want to go with code reading/erasing. the light is telling you there is a STORED code, and it should erase ok and possibly not come back. have you had the instrument cluster out at all? again, it will only log a code if the ignition is turned on with the component disconnected.

right iv just took the airbag off agian and checked the connection! the connection was fine but still hasnt solved the problem! must be a code!
but why wont the car let my codereader in? i cant code read
-my 1994 c180
-my m8's 1996 c180

but it will talk to my 1996 c230 k?

any one have any idea's?
the reader i use is an OMIScan scanner about £1400 worth should be good enough
any help would be greatfull

if you want us to read and erase your codes it will only be about £20. if you need to go further it will cost more. we are in stowmarket, not so far from the A140.

i have managed to access the codes today there was 7
6 i dont care about the only code i wast to clear is (156 CAN SRS pulsating voltage!)

Does any one know anything about the CAN BUS system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom