SRS light on, seat belt presenter not working, some advice please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikey1984

Car
CLK220 CDi W209
Hi, some advice please folks, my seat belt presenter on the drivers side has stopped working, it puts the SRS warning on, but when I get moving it goes out but the seat belt not fastened warning flickers on and off, any ideas?

I would start with checking the wiring under the seat, look for any loose or corroded connections. Does the passenger side work as it should ? Not sure which SAM controls the seat belt butlers, may even be the DCM.

Hi yes the passenger side works as it should, the fault is intermittent, it worked fine earlier today but I moved the seat forward to collect something from the back seat and it started then so a loose connection under the seat makes sense, I'll have a look and post back, thanks for your response

Absolutely start with the connections under the seat. - Mine does this too; particularly when the passenger seat has been pulled forward (otherwise if you don't disturb it, it tends to behave).

Just don't fiddle with the connections with the ignition on; I'm sure I read that will generate a more serious code that's not easy to delete.

Thanks for the tip, it's been intermittent for a week or so now, seems when I first get in the car in the morning it doesn't do it, but if I stop and restart it plays up, I'll have a look over the next couple of days and post back

It's annoying, but less worrying when you know what the fault is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom