SRS light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E Class magic

Car
Mercedes E320 cdi
Hello,

My rear seat buckle ( single buckle) on my 54 plate W211 (estate) 7 seats failed to go under when I lowered my seats down and as a result I broke the red plastic on the seat buckle and black housing. I therefore sourced another seat belt buckle from the breakers yard which came from the same car however did not have the spring wrapped inside it and was on a metal cord. The buckle was easy to install by using a star screwdriver set and took a few minutes. The seat belt buckle works correctly. As a result of this my SRS has been illuminating most mornings but going off soon after. The question is where is the sensor?? The seat belt buckle had nothing that I could see would be a sensor. It was all metal inside the plastic housing and there was no wires going to it. How can I stop the light from coming on? Thanks again

My 2004 W211 saloon had no sensors in rear belt buckles... I don't know if US models has it, higly doubt UK model would be different than rest of Europe of course estate may be different and I am totally wrong.... Was there wires coming to buckle? If no, I would suspect passenger seat occupancy sensor instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom