SRS problems & Exhaust suppliers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Conor

Hi, I have a 2000 E320 CDi Avant garde Estate. I drove over a tree stump in a French carpark ( not smart, I know but I didnt see it) and there was a heavy impact. No physical damage but the red SRS warning lamp lit up on the dash & the Airbag off light also has come on. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Also I will need a new back box for this car soon - is there a good quality spurious one out there as the Dealer wants c. €300 - not cheap for a back box.

Cheers,
Conor

have the wires bumped out from underneath the seats? (seatbelt pretensioner wires?)

try underneath the passenger seats, to see if you have dislodged the SRS unit for the passenger under there.

The bash has probably upset one of the lateral force sensors. You need the codes read to find which one.

you'll also probably need to get the light reset once you have reconnected the pretentioner wires on a W210

I disconnected/re-connected the 3 push fit connectors(not great quality) under the seat but no change to either light. Is there another connector for the pre-tensioner?

Also I'll try eurocarparts & CES.

Thanks,

C

i had this problem with my W124 (althoigh on a 124 the light resets itself), and my loose connection was at the buckle itself. The weld holding the wire in had come loose. A new buckle sorted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom