SRS - Seat Belt System - Visit Workshop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fliiix

Car
W211 320 CDI
W211 SRS - Seat Belt System - Visit Workshop

Hello, I recently imported a Mercedes W211 E-class 320 CDI 2003 from germany, The car itself have been in an accident and got some damage on the B-piller but they have repaired the most of it but not the seat belt pretensioners, my SRS light is on and I went to a workshop and they made a car diagnosis and I have 4 warning about the SRS, those guys in germany have tried to bypass the SRS by cutting the cabels and tried to put a resistance there but they have not sucess with that, so my question is:

Can I somehow bypass this with an emulator like this one Good Emulator SRS Seat Sensor Repair SRS Light Reset for Mercedes W211 and More | eBay

I called the MB services and they said that it would cost 437$ for each pretensioners, and I need 2 or 3 of them, so thats too expensive.

This is the cables they cutted

(Drivers seat)

2014_07_30_18_50_03.jpg

(Passanger seat)

2014_07_30_18_49_20.jpg

Last edited:
Those emulators are usually only for passenger occupancy/child seat sensor bypassing, not for seat belt stuff.

I would also get the car checked properly; if pretensioners has been hacked, there is great danger that car has been in accident and also air bags has been 'tweaked' :wallbash:

There was one case in Finland where imported car started to give air bad fault code, and after careful inspection was found that air bags (door bags and also passenger side front one!) were replaced by resistors only :fail It was found only because soldering of the resistor was done badly. Air bags are much more expensive than belt tensioners, and if they have saved by using resistor there....

Last edited:
Those emulators are usually only for passenger occupancy/child seat sensor bypassing, not for seat belt stuff.

I would also get the car checked properly; if pretensioners has been hacked, there is great danger that car has been in accident and also air bags has been 'tweaked' :wallbash:

There was one case in Finland where imported car started to give air bad fault code, and after careful inspection was found that air bags (door bags and also passenger side front one!) were replaced by resistors only :fail

Alright, so there is no way to put the correct resistors there to get rid of the SRS light?

The car have been in a accident, nothing extreme but they replaced the backdoor and the b-piller did get some damage but those stuffs is repaired now, I only have problems with the pretensioners, the car dealer I bought the car from said there were going to repair it but it took too long time for them to get the stuffs they needed to repair it and I dident have time to wait..

With respect.
You are asking how to bypass critical safety systems on a car that has been involved in an accident.
Do you really expect someone to give advice on this when we don't know you, and you could be planning on selling the car as soon as the safety systems have been bypassed?

With respect.
You are asking how to bypass critical safety systems on a car that has been involved in an accident.
Do you really expect someone to give advice on this when we don't know you, and you could be planning on selling the car as soon as the safety systems have been bypassed?

I wanna bypass this becouse I want to register the car in my country so I can use it, and im not planning to sell the car, im planning to use thats the reason why I bought it.

If this should have been the airbag then I would never bypass this, but if you think that this is not okey, then it should not be okey for people to change steering wheel and bypass the airbag there. I guess a airbag is more a life saver then a pretensioners.

Sorry for my bad english but I hope you understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom