SRS Seat Occupancy Emulator W211 2006 E320CDI Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stocho

Hi,

I have a problem with 2006 W211 estate: SRS airbag red warning screen is displayed from time to time when there is a passenger in the car.

I have heard that the most likely cause is the child seat sensor that costs hundreds to replace properly. There are no children in the family and we never sell cars - use them till the last drop then scrap.

I am considering a cheap fix with an emulator. Does anyone have any experience with emulators? Where would you advise to get an emulator from? I am considering: E Class W211 Seat Mat Bypass Passenger Occupancy Emulator Pad Sensor Airbag SRS | eBay however it shows compatibility with Saloon only - would it also be compatible with estate?

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have had one fitted to my W210 for years, not been an issue. There as been concern as to whether these would deploy the airbag, my belief is the car thinks the passenger seat is occupied permanently so it would deploy whether occupied or not. There is no difference with the estate or saloon that I am aware of.

Hi,

In the past the fault would occur during driving, only when there was a passenger. But about a week ago it comes up always withing two seconds of putting the key in - even before engine is started.

I got the emulator in the link in the first post. It did not fix the problem. I connected just one of the parts supplied - the pressure sensor emulator not the seat belt emulator. Even though it did not resolve the error I kind of think it works because:
1. If all the DIP switched on the emulator are off then "Passenger Airbag Off" light is on. So looks like with those switches off the emulator emulates a child seat.
2. With dip switches in other positions unless I put passenger seat belt in the seat belt light is on - so the emulator probably emulates a passenger.

Is it the case that even if the emulator is working I need to reset that error code? I have a basic OBDII code reader/eraser and I could not find how to do it. Do I need something like:
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...tegory=179476&pm=1&ds=0&t=1511863228000&ver=0
?

This thread suggest that cycling ignition 12 times should clear codes:
SRS Light Problem on w211 E220 CDI

Is this really the case (would not want to annoy neighbours / kill the battery etc by trying it out if it is just a joke ) ?

The tool proved excellent for clearing SRS faults... Though I now suspect that my original problem might not have been child seat detector related...as one code reappears and it is:
9033 "Fault communicating with component B48/1 (Driver-side frontal acceleration sensor) or there is a cable fault"

New topic about that:
SRS W211 2006 Driver-side frontal acceleration sensor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom