SRS W211 2006 Driver-side frontal acceleration sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stocho

Hi,

After putting a child detector emulator (SRS Seat Occupancy Emulator W211 2006 E320CDI Estate) and getting a proper code reader I am now getting the following error from time to time:

9033 "Fault communicating with component B48/1 (Driver-side frontal acceleration sensor) or there is a cable fault"

How to find the sensor (W211 2006 E320CDI Estate) and where could the cable be damaged? Could it be anything else?

How much are these sensors and do they have to be changed in pairs (read that somewhere)?

both sides of the radiator, not paired AFAIK

Does the B48/1 (or 2) always point to the same side of the car, regardless of if it is RHD or LHD do we know? Our W211 is showing B48/2 Passengers side on ICarSoft, i was wondering if it is actually Passengers side, or actually Drivers side being a RHD car.
Thanks!

Is this problem solved? If so please`se let me know what was the final issue.
I have SLK R171 2005 with the same fault.
The sensors are just infant of the radiator at the front of the car. There are 2 recessed bolts for each sensor at either side on the metal work just behind the grill. You need to remove the 4 bolts that secure the grill and gently move the grill forward until you can get your hand in to extract the sensors. I have two replacement sensors on order - Part number A 002 820 27 26.
I am going to revers them first to see if the fault moves - then replace them both because the sensors in are Q3 while the new ones are Q4 - I bought two just in case the minor version number difference is important.

Head light unit has to come out - isn't there any other access?
thanks.

I never replaced sensor myself, so dunno... perhaps grille only helps? Someone with WIS could check what it says... (I just stored my SDS laptop to closet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom